Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IEEE 802.11a and OFDM modulation scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrkhari

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IEEE 802.11a

Hai Guys:

I would appreciate if anyone of you could explain the OFDM modulation scheme in a nutshell. Below are some questions in parallel to this inquiry:

1. What type of carrier signal used in this modulation scheme?.
2. What is the time domain equivalent signal used as the baseband signal?.
3. What type of transmitter preferred in compliance with this IEEE 802.11a standards (Direct conversion or low IF or any other)?
4. What is the class of power amplifier preferred in this modulation scheme and why?.

I would also appreciate if you could provide me with valuable links directing to a simple explanation of this modulation scheme and how it is used to construct the IEEE 802.11a transmitter system in RFIC design. Thanks in advance

Re: IEEE 802.11a

I have the standard and i have worked in design a SoC for this standard and some close standards like IEEE 802.11b ..
please tell me if there is no one before have uploaded the standard so as i can upload it for u ..

i also suggest u hrkhari to read the standard first before u ask those technical questions .. maybe u find answers to all these questions ..

Re: IEEE 802.11a

Dear Guys:

I appreciate if you could kindly post the IEEE 802.11a standard as stated, since I don't hold any of this documents currently. I had tryed searching for this standard but unable to locate any in the posting lists. Thanks in advance

IEEE 802.11a

if 802.11a can tell me the detailed description on OFDM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back