Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to decrease VCO gain Kvco in a LC-VCO design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SARX666

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm designing a LC-VCO (integrated, 0.13um process) working on 3 different bands (800-1000MHz, 1.1-1.3GHz & 2.3-2.6GHz) and I'm trying to find a way to reduce VCO gain Kvco.
Right now I'm having something insane a little less than 750MHz/V for the 2.4GHz band and like 500MHz/V for 800MHz-1GHz band. I'd like to lower the gain to reduce phase noise and divide each one of my 3 bands into two, three or four sub-bands.

I'm very new into PLL & VCO design, I understand the concepts but the little tricks & smooth details, I'm still not familiar with them. :idea:

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Re: LC-VCO Gain decrease

One option to reduce the VCO gain is to use a capacitive divider across resonator (series and shunt capacitors), and also a resistive divider to reduce the voltage swing across varactor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back