Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anti-Theft Alert Sytem with GSM technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

vym

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

I am running out of time with my final project about a GSM-Based Motorcycle Anti-Theft Alert System. We used a PIC16f877A MCU. The project goes this way,
The owner of the motorcycle activates a switch for activation of the device/system, the moment he/she leaves her motorcycle for parking. This will then turn the GSM module on and the whole anti-theft device. We used the accelerometer to sense any irregularities with the motorcycle whether it has been moved or lifted for carnap. And we have also connected the horn to our system for it to be monitored if it has been played or anything irregular has occured. If any of the two monitoring sensor/switch will be disturbed, it will trigger the alarm and at the same time will send alert text messages to the owner/recipient. And we have limited it to 5 messages. As soon as the owner receives the alert message: HORN, the owner can either go straight to the motorcycle if he has doubts for its safety or he will just send a message, OFF, to turn the alarm off. But when he receives a message of ACCELEROMETER, the need for checking his bike is high for safety. And the only way that he can turn the alarm off is by deactivating the system/device. By the way I used a 9V battery and for now I am still using AC for the GSM module for supply. But I am planning on using the battery of the motorcycle for the GSM module. Is it possible? Are there things at stake here?

I have tried working with my firmware all this time by isolating my attention and debugging to horn and accelerometer from time to time. I also tried to incorporate them to make the system work. But I got a lot of results and problems met which were the following tests and trials:
1) HOrn: The alarm sounds after pressing the horn (I just used a SPST switch for the mean time before we used the motorcycle's horn) but the alert messages received were infinite. I just wanted 5 messages to be received.
Accelerometer: The alarm sounded before the accelerometer was connected to the pic and before there was a supply. And sometimes, after turning the switch of the supply off, the alarm still goes on.
Both: The alarm still goes even the supply from the battery is out.
2) The horn when triggered, the alarm sounded at the desired rate and the owner received 5 messages. But with the triggered accelerometer, the received messages were only 2. And still there were instances that the sound of the alarm lingered even if the supply was out.

Note: These were not the only testing and debugging done, I had experienced a lot. But these were the closest results to my objective. I hope anyone of you guys out there with so much passion as I am, can really help me before the week ends.

And my main problem is I can't handle doing/applying interrupt (as suggested) with my codes for the owner to send the OFF message back to the GSM so as to command the PIC to control the alarm's reset and be shut off. I really only got so little time to study from scratch about interrupt. I hope that you can really help me out guys with this so short notice.

I have attached my codes.
Thank you so much!

Best Regards,
-vym

Attachments

• Trial code _Oct.7,'10.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.