Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Updating only one sheet from Schematic to PCB In Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

khanna_gunjan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Importing part of Schematic to PCB with Altium?

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible with Altium Summer 09 release to update/import changes from only one section/Sheet of Schematic to PCB layout?

Thanks for your help in advance

Last edited:

Of course u can. U can import changes from one or more sections of Schematic providing that u creat a project correctly. When u change anything in your sheets, u need only choose Designe --> Import changes from *.project...All will be done!

Thanks, but the option "import changes from *.project" will give you the complete list of changes that have been made in the Schematic and then you will have to enable or disable the changes that you would like to make.

I would here like to make this step from the schematic sheet itself by selecting a part of the schematic and saying update this section in PCB and would like to know if that is possible with altium.

Well. If u want to implement if from the schematic itself, it is impossible. I think Altium's function : import changes from... can satisfy your requirements. For example, we have 2 sheets: Sheet A & Sheet B in a project. We have a PCB is made from two sheets A&B. If by curtain reasons, u have to change in Sheet A ( we assume that), and after that, we use import changes from..., the PCB will update everything related to Sheet A and will not update anything related to Sheet B because Sheet B is not change.
I also usually do that and it's sucessfull.
Regards,

You have to go to Project>>Project Options>>Class Generation.
There you can tick only those which you want to update in your design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back