Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

atmega8l communication with computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhattaroshan

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please, can any one help me a way to communicate atmega8l with computer using usb port.

many people can help you with that.

you just need to help them help you.

i am just beginner and don't know much about mcu. Please, if anyone could provide me with ckt and any source codes in c language + drivers (if necessary).

i am just beginner and don't know much about mcu. Please, if anyone could provide me with ckt and any source codes in c language + drivers (if necessary).

if people did that to you, you will forever be a beginner and you will never know much about mcu.

so the best help anyone can give you is no help at all.

i found many circuits for microcontroller communication with computer but those were all using serial communication. I could not get the correct circuit that worked using usb port.

Hi,
Since ATMEGA8 is not intended for USB communication as is the AT90xxx or the MUCH better and enhanced ATMEGA16U4. However a very simple approach for ATMEGA8 would be an USB to serial converter and use serial communication. Also search on the forum. You might find more useful stuff as the link posted above.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.