Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fuzzy Idle Speed Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvinthen

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I just started to study on AI and came across with this fuzzy idle speed control of the car's engine.
I'm not sure anyone heard about this before.
I'm new to fuzzy on matlab.
I have a set of data of inputs and outputs, but how do I set the membership function?
I've attached the data table, can anyone teach me how do I deal with the membership function?
I'm really new to this field, I'm doing some research on books while waiting for answer too.
Thank you very much!

Alvin

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 119

Since you are new to the Fuzzy logic, you may start with a simple example as below

Refer page no 210 application (8 rules were given)

https://books.google.com/books?id=HDg7wCP_bmUC&dq=Neural+Networks,+Fuzzy+Logic+and+Genetic+Algorithms:+Synthesis+and+Applications&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=LO2pTM_JC8zFswaOg7mpDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false

For Fuzzy logic toolbox in Matlab
Fuzzy Logic Toolbox - MATLAB
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Thank You very much I'll look into it now thanks

The presented control scheme utilizes adaptive fuzzy logic to track a reference engine rotational speed during engine idling. The idle speed system is described and the non-linearity of the system and the presence of a variable time delay highlighted. To evaluate the performance of the controller a model of the system is developed and simulation results presented

MODERATOR ACTION: Signature link is removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back