Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0-30 Volts 0-3 Amps Lab Power Supply From Fragrance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragrance

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all friends

I have develop my on lab power supply making it feature pack along with power dissipation control for voltage regulator, two type of version I share here with current limiting and with out current limiting, after a care full test done for more then a month and found no problem in any manner so decided to share it for whole user benefit.

Main feature
keep the design simple and used common parts which can be found easily
Short circuit protection for input
Short circuit protection for output
Protection to voltage regulator’s
Out put reverse polarity protection
Supply voltage can be set down to zero volts
Current can be set down to zero amps

If you found any bug let me know for further improvements as I spent lot time to make it working as required a PIC micro based amps volt meter under trial and share soon under same topic.

regards
Fragrance

Due to mistake i uploaded initial work of my power supply full final version uploaded sorry once again

Attachments

• LAB POWER SUPPLY MODIFIED.rar
    597.3 KB · Views: 1,046

This is best. Please add digital voltmeter and ampere metere too.

Thank you....

If you use a transformer that works properly with the mains voltage of your country then it will work fine.

The pots don't consume any power, they are just common pots or even trimmers if you prefer.

Alex

Thank you for sharing your project with us! :-D
I look forward to see the final product!
Please share pictures of the actual circuit with us.

Hi all friends

I have develop my on lab power supply making it feature pack along with power dissipation control for voltage regulator, two type of version I share here with current limiting and with out current limiting, after a care full test done for more then a month and found no problem in any manner so decided to share it for whole user benefit.

Main feature
keep the design simple and used common parts which can be found easily
Short circuit protection for input
Short circuit protection for output
Protection to voltage regulator¡¯s
Out put reverse polarity protection
Supply voltage can be set down to zero volts
Current can be set down to zero amps

If you found any bug let me know for further improvements as I spent lot time to make it working as required a PIC micro based amps volt meter under trial and share soon under same topic.

regards
Fragrance

Due to mistake i uploaded initial work of my power supply full final version uploaded sorry once again

What is the input?
A.C or D.C?

Can I use it with 230v,50hz A. C?

What is the input?
A.C or D.C?

Can I use it with 230v,50hz A. C?

Since a transformer is used to step down voltage, the input is AC.
Yes you can as long as the transformer you use can step it down to the required voltage.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Hello,

I cant see the circuit, could you please reshare.
thanks in advance.

jags

Jags, do you mean that you can't download the rar file in the attachment in the first post?

I've just tried it and it downloaded for me.

Do you get an error message?

Status
Not open for further replies.