Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to import data from excel files into SPICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahasra

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai ,
I have been trying to import data from excel files into SPICE, but could not do so. The data is for a single variable in the circuit. I have tried this with PSPICE and ltSPICE.
Please can you tell me if there is such an option in the above SPICE's or any SPICE at all?

Thank you,
Sahasra.

Use a CSV format file. For more help you better show more details or an example.

If it is regarding voltage values, then you can use a voltage source with file option. What kind of parameter do you want to change?

save excel file as csv format.
use a text editor to include pwl(...) format for the csv data.

specify the same as input in spice.

at all
I am making myself more clear. Basically in my circuit, there is a current source in parallel to a diode which are in series to a resistance. But the current source has to take different values each time. I have a problem in giving these values to the current source.

at srizbf
Actually I have current values in an excel file.As you said I have copied them into a text file and saved with .pwl extension. Then in ltSpice, I gave this file as input to the current source. When I simulated the circuit, its giving an error as 'PWL time, value pairs out of chronological order '.
What should I do now?

... its giving an error as 'PWL time, value pairs out of chronological order '.
What should I do now?
I think the error message is clear enough: Put the value pairs into a chronological order!
Care for leading zeros, points instead of commata, search for an unintentional upper case "O" instead of a zero, etc.

open the excel file in msexcel.
use it to 'save as' .csv format.
then edit the resulting file for pwl(..)
in correct form.

at erikl
The current values are real time, i tried adding time as one column, but its giving an error. Can any one of you please tell me how to add 'time' column in the data file?

at srizbf
how to edit the file for pwl?..sorry if i am asking basic questions, i m totally new to this field.

Thank you.

at erikl
The current values are real time, i tried adding time as one column, but its giving an error. Can any one of you please tell me how to add 'time' column in the data file?
See this posting for the VPWLF file format. The very first posting of this thread contains a (very big r-archived) VPWLF file which confessedly also has a chronological order problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back