Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for high voltage diodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebisman

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
help on DIODE

Do you know any DIODE for high power application which has the following specifications:

Forward current of 100 mA
Reverse voltage of 100KV

well, this specifications could be at least:

Forward current 20mA
Reverse voltaje of 20kV

thanks nebisman

Thx for your repply EEHardware if you don't tell me it I had never known it. The sense for do this question to the elektrodians is to receive advices of more economical or reliable way to solve a problem from experimented friends about a new field for me.

[/b]

Re: help on DIODE

These are built up from many diodes in series. Each diode has a high value resistor in parallel with it so that the reverse voltage divides equally between the diodes. Sometimes there is a small capacitor also in parallel with each diode so that transients also divide equally between the diodes.

Then these diodes R and C are put in a special housing with special surfaces to prevent flash over around the outside surface.

I have also seen PC boards made of special material with ceramic posts to support the junctions between the diodes.

In this case, special hermetic sealing is needed to prevent pollutants in the air from depositing on the posts and PC board to form conducting films.

Can you use several diode In series?

Well I can use several diodes but still I need and advice about this DIODES. What kind of diodes?

What kind of help? Recovery time? Size? Temperture? Cost?

**broken link removed**

There are thousands of references using Google.

search for "high voltage diodes"

Examples:

**broken link removed**

http://www.voltagemultipliers.com/

in those old times there was TV20 which used to rectify the EHT voltages of picture tubes in tv's.but not sure still in market.

help on DIODE

go to google, and search which do you want, you will
get .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back