Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

keypad 4x4 with LCD 2x16 using PIC 16F877A -digital compass-

Status
Not open for further replies.

criestz

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have a final project and it title is a DIGITAL COMPASS.. i already have the hardware but i must create it program myself. im using keypad 4x4, lcd 2x16, pic16f87a dan sensor( Hitachi HM55B compass module ).. i have a program but it didnt works.. LCD didnt show anything.. im stucks.. here this program and circuit. .thanks so much for helping me..

Last edited:

First of all there are more than 10 years I quit working in asembler so I can't help you with code.

LCD didnt show anything..

About LCD, first you have to initialize them after power ON. If you don't initialize it wright then first line of LCD will be "black".
If You have black line you have to reconsider initialisation of LCD. If you do good initialisation I suggest to make small program which wrote only one character to LCD (e.g. "a"), after that you can do anything in steps one by another.

Mr.Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.