Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPRS tracking system with Benq M22 module

Status
Not open for further replies.

john168

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want design GPRS trancing system. 8O
MCU : PIC16F77 or PIC18F252.
GPRS MODEULE: BENQ M22.
I know the M22 that have P2P function,But only suport fixed IP.
I want to use domain name,
but i dont know that to do DHCP.

JOHN

Re: GPRS MODULE

There´s no DHCP with GPRS...network information gets assigned during PPP negotiation process...that´s why you can almost transparently replace normal modem with GPRS module...

I Like to work on Benq M22, however i am not sure from their data sheet whether it has inbuild TCP /IP stack.
can u confirm me

can anyone please refer mea good book on gps

Please the Datasheet for Benq M22 ?

Thxs

i have the datasheet,design guide,AT Command of M22&M32,THE FOLLOWING IS M22's datasheet,if any one need more,i will upload them later~

Hello all,

Thanks for your reply

We are using BenQ M22, can someone tell me how do i connect to the Internet (GPRS) from a PC. None of their datasheets specifies that.

Also we are not sure whether it has inbuild PPP stack.

thanks again

looking for your valuable inputs

Best regards

Nagu

Hello my brothers?

Where I can buy 2 or 3 BENQ modules at very low prices? I am talk from Brazil.

Thanks a lot...

nagu,if u are using windows system,u can set up a new connection to the internet,which need a username , a password,and a called number(just like use modem to connect to the internet)
as i know ,m22 has a ppp inbuild (it's sure),but whether it has a TCP/IP stack in build,i am not sure.but some type of BENQ module must have TCP/IP stack in build!

Added after 6 minutes:

gorkin said:
Hello my brothers?

Where I can buy 2 or 3 BENQ modules at very low prices? I am talk from Brazil.

Thanks a lot...

hi~gorkin,i don't know if it has any agent in Brazil,but i know some agent in China,if some one need Benq Modules to do some develop,they can request samples from the agent for free or low prices!u can have a try to connect agent in Brazil~
:)

Thankyou samloyer.
I had got my GPRS enabled by my service provider & he has given me the necessary following details for connecting to GPRS network.
Session Mode : Permanent
Connection Security : Off
Data Bearer : GPRS
APN : portalnmms
IP Add : 10.10.1.100
Autentication type : Normal
Login Type : Automatic
username : <blank>
password : <blank>
Dialup No :*99***1#

I connected the Serial port of M22 to PC and opened hyperterminal. Then I gave a dial command as follows
ATD*99***1#
I get a reply as CONNECT followed by ~}#@!}!}"} }3}"}&} } } } }#}%B#}%}'}"}(}"o}1~.
From the Hex equivalents the I came to know that they are LCP packets. I dont know how to make use the inbult PPP stack to do the necessary autentication and finally get connected to net.
Is there any AT commands for using the internal PPP stack.?

Waiting for your help.

Regards,
nagu

sorry Nagu,i don't know well about M22's inbuild ppp,every type of module is different,and they have their own AT COMMAND SYSTEM TO DRIVE IT, i know that some parameter should be set first ,like at+cgdcont,do u have M22's ATcommand yet? the following is ,hope helpfull,just get to the gprs part!

Added after 22 minutes:

M22 at command

Thankyou samloyer,
The datasheets does not tell, how to use the PPP stack. Iam not able to get any application notes for the module.
Now First I want to test the module from a PC using the PC's PPP stack.
For doing this, I installed a standard modem , but the AT commands for the standard modem and this module are slightly different. There should be a way to change the AT commands in the PC. Can any one provide any information on this.

regards
nagu

where can I buy Benq M20 module online?(eStore)

I find Celon GSM module quite good in price and feature

Where can I buy the Celon or the Benq M20 Modules? any URL?

Thankyou samloyer,
The datasheets does not tell, how to use the PPP stack. Iam not able to get any application notes for the module.
Now First I want to test the module from a PC using the PC's PPP stack.
For doing this, I installed a standard modem , but the AT commands for the standard modem and this module are slightly different. There should be a way to change the AT commands in the PC. Can any one provide any information on this.

regards
nagu

The M32 module AT extended commands are the same with M22. You don't need to use a modem driver to perform the PPP stack... use only a PC and a simple terminal...

IF you don't have M32 TCP-IP app note, I'll upload for you,

Hope this help,
//a

Hi,
Iam using BENQM22 GSM module. This module supports GPRS and has a PPP stack.

When Iam in normal command mode,(issuing AT command) Every thing works fine. Iam able to send and receive calls & SMS.

When i want to do a data transfer through GPRS, I set the socket No,APN etc and I connect to GPRS using ATD*97#. Then the module enters the DATA mode. Now Iam able to send and receiver data. But now in the mean time when a incomming voice call comes to the module, the serial port of the module stops responding.

The data sheet says that "+++" has to be given to come back to command mode and handle the voice call. But the module does not responds to "+++". And after this the module serial port permanently stops functioning even if the ring stops.

Then i have to no other option that doing a hardware reset (powering off & powering on )on the module.

Can any one provide a solution or a suggestion to over come the problem.

Best Regards,
lsnagu

who has used audio function of the M22 module ?

GPRS MODULE

i am from india i would like to buy some cheap gsm, gprs and gps modules for testing and development can any one provide me some contact or url

If all you want is Data connection, then you can try M200 (Module) from Kyocera Wireless (**broken link removed** )
This is CDMA 1xRTT capable, Tri-Mode device. Has capability for Voice and DATA ..and GPS.. if the Network supports GPS (GPS-One) :)
Sorry, done know the price of it…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back