Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which will be the next killer application/product

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the next big thing with be the transformation of the mobile phone into a portable computer that can interact with TV / Video monitors anywhere (preferably over RF) and with other peripherals everywhere (RF for all peripherals).

That way all you'll ever need to carry round will be one small device that can be used as a
- PC
- Phone
- Game Console (wouldn't it be great if the mobile could be your game controller? (admittedly the ergonomics would need to be rethought).
- Indentification
- Camera (video and still)
- Health monitor (ECG reading etc)

Something like this without cables would be ace.

As much as I hate to say it I think the Mini Mac is really going down the right track here even though atm its size is a little large.

I'm guessing technology like this is still about 10 years away or so, but I for one hope it becomes a reality.

I think over the coming years there will also be a huge increase in server side application development, more and more is going to be stored online so it can be accessed anywhere at anytime. I think server side development will also help to dismantle the current MS driven computing phenomenon (you are already seeing it today with CMS and similar systems on the internet), I have a firm belief that there will be a much more abstract randomised state of interaction between computing devices, it'll need to be for things to work together. Working together is where it's going to be at, not working for oneself as is currently the trend.

3 years past since the last product..

The question is still the same..

Next Killer Application / Innovation ?

It's gonna be playstation 5 processor. I think it'll be capable of calculating 50% data comparing to human brain's 100% data calculating capacity. I'll open a new world in genetic reserch and supercomputers. :)

Anything that consumes "Zero" or "No Power"

Nanotechnology software
nanoXplorer

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back