Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which will be the next killer application/product

Status
Not open for further replies.
one item that i forgot to mention is nuclear fusion, i think that they have started the building of a site (for 10 billion euro) in the south of france to investigate ways to start nuclear fusion, however this isn't exactly directly related to electronics but still ,,, oh yeah bring irish i love that beer idea thingy

I think anything to do with sex usually sells :)

Well I think software that will answer such questions maybe ?

Bio diesel or petrolium

Indian government is supporting the plantation of Jatropha trees.
Bio diesel is made from its seeds

rauol said:
Bio diesel or petrolium

Some people say Bio Diesal is successful already. But the manufacturing cost is still higher.

nicleo wrote:
Some people say Bio Diesal is successful already. But the manufacturing cost is still higher.

The petrolium stocks are going to last for a few decades and per barrel prices are already high.

Imagine when oil is no longer available from oil fields, and high tech "fuel Cells"
are only available in some developed countries, or are expensive then if you have half Acre (20000 sft) of Jatropha plantation you can manage your vehicles without depending on any body.

In Tamilnadu the government of India has started a small power generation scheme in some tribal villages which dont have access to electricity.
A few villages have been selected on a pilot basis to provide small electricity generators of around 10 KVA each which will be running on Jatropha Bio diesel. each household has to collect some Qty. of Jatropha seeds which are sent to a central place where the Bio diesel is extracted.

It is a kind of cooperative based power generation scheme at a very low cost
The total Cost estimate for a small village of 30 houses was around 1.5 to 2.5 Lac Indian rupees (3000 to 4000 us$.... The cost of a Nokia Vertu Signature phone).

In the third world there are still millions of people who dont have basic amenities like drinking water , Electricity, Health care etc...

The next killer application should be one which improves the quality of life of millions of people at an affordable and easily achievable price and technology.

For the primary power sources, I feel the MEMS IC Engine is the future.

**broken link removed**

rauol said:

HDTV product maybe hot in future years

Researcher will put more emphasis on biomedical products. Personal protable bio-gears may start to share the market with personal electronics. This centry belongs to Biology.

i think the future belongs to "the digital home media products "

Next generation communication
BioMed electronics

Video chip for set-top box ,for cell phone,for PDA
etc.

biotechnology combine with silicon chip

the product is more suitable for pocket.

not invasive surgery using NEMS

From 2006, the computer will have 2 CPUs (maybe a low power one and an high speed one ... to solve the perpetual compromise!), so why not 2 screens for the laptops => it will make a larger one! Linux already support it.
The mobile phone already have 2 : small external/ big internal!

The all-in-one mobile phone:
- everything you can ever think of in one small device (think Star Trek scanners)
- expandable/ projection displays on the phone
- batteries that will outlast a Duracell bunny many times over
- user programmable phones that will do an unlimited combination of tasks you want remotely

That's my prediction.

LED lighting system is the next big thing, follow by fuel cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back