Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Encounter CTS-- CellHalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

verilog_always

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Why CellHalo required between two clock buffers? Is there any purpose to use CellHalo for Clock Buffers?

I think you are talking about Instance padding. Kindly let me know. As far as I know, concept of cell halo is not there for standard cells.

In Encounter CTS Spec file Came Across CellHalo for Clock Buffers? I need to know the use of it

Hi verilog _always,
if two sequence cells placed very closed, what will happen?

Clock cells consume more power than cells that are not in the clock network. Clock cells that are clustered together in a small area increase current densities for the power and ground rails, where a potential electromigration problem might occure.
One way to avoid the problem is to set spacing requirements between cells. CellHalo can do this work

Cell Halo is really intended to provide space around a cell for pin routing access. Depending on the utilization and the clock cell spacing it is possible to place cells in a manner where there is no pin access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back