Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel dongle detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

gundam138

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to everybody.
I need to detect if an Hardlock dongle is attached to one of the parallel ports of the PC.
I don't have to read or write data on the key but only detect if there is an Hardlock key.
In particular, I need to write a function in c/c++ that tell me if there is the key but to do this, I don't want to use the Hardlock API.
Can you give me some idea or some code examples that can help me?

Thanking in advance,

All the Best.

just a question, why dont you want to use the API. I'm sure you can see more sample codes from the manufacturer.

just use the hardlock password to read the device ID. you will find many code snap-tails on hacking dongle id wen sites.

hock

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your answers.
I need to check if the parallel hardlock dongle is attached to the port whitout using the API because I need to bypass the presence of the software dongle emulator instead of the real dongle. For the API the dongle emulator works like a real dongle.
I don't need to **** the dongle but to protect better the software that uses the dongle, of course I have to develop a good protection system based on the dongle features but I need to be sure that the real dongle is used.

Thanks,

Gundam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back