Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Selection problem in altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

savage67

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Dears,
I am newbie in altium. My problem is to select the objects in a selected region. For example i use my mouse to select a region and i want to select only pads, tracks or components or texts etc in this selected region. is there a way to do this. as i remember, in pcad, there was a selection mask tool which organize the objects can be selected.
thanks and regards.

You can do it in following way press OD on your keyborad from window make all hidden and make pad as final now you will see only pad in the boards rest all will be hidden so you will be able to select pads only nothing else.

You can use PCB filter lso but I too is not very familiar with it you can have a try on that also

hi
on the PCB, u can select any pad or track what ever u want and then right click and use "find similar objects".
the other way is to set the rules or you can use the pcb filters.
hope this helps.

Regards

pcb inspector panel usage
**broken link removed**

additionaly there another way.
select the area then open the 'pcb inspector' panel. click the 'include only' from the panel then select the objects which you want to change(pads, tracks, etc...)
(see the picture)

regards Ali.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back