Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I Need help about Gate two triacs (BTA41-600B).

Status
Not open for further replies.

julius64

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi:
I need to know if I can to connect two triacs like I show in this schematic, and I need to know if the location of the Ground (1 and 2) is correct for my application.

I triggered one of them (the triacs with ground 1) without the other (closing the circuit in ground 0) and I dont have problem, but when I connect two triacs like this circuit, my optocouplers died.

This triacs have to trigger with a microcontroller (with simultanous output)
I use the TLP250 optocouplers.
I dislike use the MOC optocoupler with zero cross, because it isn`t good for my application.

if you can help me, very thank.
Best regards!!

Attachments

• triacs.jpg
    triacs.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 138

If the three "ground" nodes involve full galvanic isolation, there shouldn't be a problem. I would prefer a complete schematic
however. The shown principle circuit is missing import details. It's e.g. not showing the required gate resistors and the origin of power supplies.

Did you notice b.t.w. that opto triacs without zero crossing detector are available as well, e.g. MOC3020. They are mostly used with inductive loads. Snubber circuits are however required to prevent triggering by inductive spikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.