Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sorry dont like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats typical internet wrong headedness.
No you dont change something "because its old" you change it because it doesn't do what you want.
When you change to something "new" that doesnt do what you want you have damaged your system.
(And probably worked very hard doing so ...)

I think there's a very good lesson for all web sites in plain view in this thread.

PS. I really dont care at all about "points" "counts" or backslapping.

jack

my thoughts exactly. You should go back to the old forum. IT was one of the best, enjoyable places to pass the time. Now it is a headache. You will lose many visitors this way. Is this what you want? You are doing a lot of unnecessary work for something that most people don't want.

I know that we are all hard to changes.... But, I think, it are "heavy" desing, it's more difficult to me, find the things I want. Smaller fonts, don't help to find and follow the forum. I prefer the previous design. Sorry...

hello..I would like to suggest a more eye appealing color for the backgrounds..
The texts are not that clear to the eyes on the first glance.
That's all.

Ok Like it!

But where is stick post???

the lack of forum hierarchy links at the top of a post. (like the one at the top.)

better topic icons...

anyway. it's great to have a fresh look!

Hi,
I`m missing the attachement possibility by PM
& a check possibility of the points of month...

Good job!
K.

I think the older version was more functional and I believe that this version is
a little bit slower than the previous one.Hope we get used to it :)

i think this theme is good but i like the old version rather than. thanks:grin:

Aside from the predictable glitches on any new forum update, I like the look, however people were reporting lost history, I'd like to see that restored.

JMHO

SiGiNT

I see my registration date is closer to accurate, however I believe my post count is low - no big deal just a comment and a question - what is level (in my case 21 based on?) -just found it! that's ridiculous, level increases for social groups? Why? - I don't have a facebook page either, I think that they are status seeking worthless waste of time, and how on earth do they encourage technical discourse - many other similar criteria - I don't have access to member's list - why? does anyone?
But as for my uses this format is fine - just examine what you you think is valuable.

Last edited:

Many files lost.

i think this theme is good but i like the old version rather than. thanks

I like the new way,its great.New things are added in it which will be useful for user's in future.
i am unable to understand what the "new bar " below member level tells.
When i make a new post or reply to a post, my post numbers are increasing but points are not increasing, don't know why?

Last edited:

My opinion has now changed.

When the format was changed, I felt dizzy because there was too much data being displayed.

Maybe something has changed or I've gotten used to it, but I don't have the previous feeling now.

I'll get used to it.

I think at first there were a few problems with the VBulletin software but now the administrator has sorted out most of the bugs I'm starting to like it. I noticed over the first few days that various add-ons were being tested, some stayed and some were abandoned but overall it is getting better by the day and I think in a short while it will be better than the old software.

I should point out that I am admin for several phpBB boards but I'm starting to get tempted to switch to VBulletin!

Brian.

I think the best option right now is that you can create own group (also private) and accept new members (friends). We have now Eagle group, Matlab group, PIC micro group and many more. I will try put these groups on main screen.

Hi all,
Frankly I missed the old version of Edabord and I would like we use it again for it's simplicity.

previous links for my posts and and others post from first page was good that I could not find in new.

Re: its ok overall

BUT, you did away with the electrical/other symbols for use when posting
they were very useful
please bring those back and I will be totally happy :grin:

cheers
Dave
VK2TDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor