Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sorry dont like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
I also dont like the new layout ... I searched for "my posts" for a while, and now this is fixed..; thanks.

the worst thing for me is that the rss flux is not updated, or at least very unregularly ?.
I read edaboard titles with a rss reader, and I dont have the posts again this way.
hope it will be fixed soon...
I'm using firefox and the "brief" module, and getting sometimes 15 feeds, never more.
It was working fine with the "old" layout ...

best regards,

Last edited:

while change is inevitable , the forum page layout should be
more towards on the content rather than graphics.

the graphics takes lot of time to load and now each topic is missing with 'last post date and time ' field.

i request you to follow ' keep it simple' philosophy and reduce the graphics and cluttered layout of the page.

more text only items and zero(or) minimal graphics
with the new engine mimicking phpbb2 will be the best . IMO.

a quick loading of front forum page and traversing to the interested forum topic quickly should be given priority.

thank you for hearing.

everybody suggesting here is like super member :wink:, so I don't have a place to say anything, but any way old design was pushed extremely fast using opera's turbo also with new design it seems it doesn't effect so much, it loads with some problems :D

Another vote from me to restore the old look. The colour scheme and larger icons/buttons seem to make the layout more cluttered. Still prefer the previous scheme, simple and elegant.

Edit : Just a suggestion. There should be more contrast between the font and the background. Thread titles (on forum listing pages) and user names now have green font on green background.

Last edited:

Hi Everyone

Gulson, it is a great job you have done.

Considering the amount of users on EDAB and the small amount of comments here, I would say it is a success.

The forum is not any faster or slower than before, or for me anyway.

Blogs

If you don't like them, don't use them.

Some people will, some people will not.

No reason to remove the feature IMO

ALBUMS

If you don't like them, don't use them.

Some people will, some people will not.

No reason to remove the feature IMO

In general about new features Don't complain about something you do not use or do not want to use. Thats negative thinking.

The new features do not cause you any harm or any issues

STYLES

This is very VERY much a personal thing, ANY change will please some people some of the time but never all of the people all of the time.

I can remember the same complaints when EDAB changed styles before.

Board Visits

To be honest again, my own opinion (maybe not shared by gulson or others)

If you don't like it, do not use it. EDAB is a FREE resource, that has not changed.

My own opinion is that the CONTENT here is far more valuable than it is given credit for.

Yes some things are different, yes some things are better, yes some things are worse.

But be fair guys, it had to change.

So I would REALLY be VERY grateful if comments regarding the new layout could be restricted to a "WISH LIST" of nice changes to make it better.

I would also REALLY be VERY grateful if comments regarding the new layout could be polite and on a POSITIVE way of thinking.

Comments like, sucks, I will not be back, I wont visit beacause of the change, change back or else are all VERY NEGATIVE.

Comments like "Gulson, could you please create a new style ...." are polite and POSITIVE.

Again IMO we should look to keep POSITIVE thinking and not make negative comments, we have a free resource, if we start down a negative path, just because of a new look, we will become the same as all the other forums that have come and gone before.

:F

My opinion, with a small change on colors it would be all ok but thats just a suggestion. But my points are not getting updated. Is that a problem for everyone or just for me? I dont really care about points but i belive there are many users that do

What I liked about the old board was on the "new posts" they occupied only one line in a list (because there was a minimum of graphics) and so 40 could be displayed at a time.

forum really slow tonight, after 5 minutes I got fed up, went to another forum. I simply cannot believe why you must change what members want, and what works very well. Nothing about this forum is any good at all. I tried to look at my old posts, was a big headache so I gave up.

Mods, you will see less and less people visiting this forum if these problems persist. Why can't you just revert back to the software that works well?

There is a limit of 2 minutes between reporting posts. That should be reduced. It doesn't take me 2 minutes to recognise spam.
I am not going to sit and wait 2 minutes to make a second spam report.

Keith

Report system fixed.
Points started recount.
We will change a server so board will be faster.

What I liked about the old board was on the "new posts" they occupied only one line in a list (because there was a minimum of graphics) and so 40 could be displayed at a time.
There is no problem to restore this function, we had few new posts listings so I don't know about which one you are talking about.

I tried to look at my old posts, was a big headache so I gave up.

Listing own posts and topics works fine, where is the problem?

Why can't you just revert back to the software that works well?
We can't... This was very old engine, with many bugs, not supported for many years, working on very old PHP4 and MySQL4 version. As I said before we will modify this layout for simple one.

still unbearable tonight. Going somewhere else.

ok, so it is over the top with graphics, that can change - it just needs Guldon having time.

This however is not as much an issue as the loss of our post count etc, I'm back with the beginners now :(

What's with the levels?

gulson mate - cheers for all the hard work, your right - phpbb2 is old so we needed something newer.
Have a beer & relax.

It will all come right in the wash. :)

Hi dude

To be fair, the post counts for all users were actually a lot higher than they should have been.

On the previous platform I do not think Gulson ever re-synced the post counts, I think mine has dropped to 345 or something and I must have posted 1,000's over the years.

But it is just a number.

I think the "helped me" number was a really good thing, much better than ranked post counts

This posts number can be set to anything you want, it only changes the icon under your user name and really does not serve much more real purpose than that.

The post count will never stop the fun :-D

:F

Thats typical internet wrong headedness.
No you dont change something "because its old" you change it because it doesn't do what you want.
When you change to something "new" that doesnt do what you want you have damaged your system.
(And probably worked very hard doing so ...)

I think there's a very good lesson for all web sites in plain view in this thread.

PS. I really dont care at all about "points" "counts" or backslapping.

jack

Guys,
When I try to view attached pictures I get the error message:

404 Not Found
nginx/0.6.32

Do you have the same problem ?

test 123456789

Attachments

• logo_zielone.jpg
    logo_zielone.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 137
  • logo.gif
    logo.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 148

Hi gulson,
I tested it but I'm still getting the same error message.

Fixed, thank you for information. At night (GMT+1) we will move edaboard to new server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back