Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sorry dont like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

123jack

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dont need or want graphic interference with what I'm reading
Dont need or want "similar" text popping up I havnt asked for wasting my bandwidth
Dont have time or interest for "blogs"

much rather have previous format.

sorry this is backward development

----------------------
jack

Thank you for your opinion. We can not still use very old engine. Everything what you said is just layout. I will create simple one for you, but I need some time. Thank you for understand.

Another thing to do about format is to include the moderating icons inside each post as was done in the past.

well it looks like something is fixed, regarding finding own posts,
but still i'm not seeming to like it much.

I mean there are a number of other forums with electronics topic, ALL using the darn vBulletin, I never registered on any of them,
only sometimes drop in on them due to google search.
This board was refreshingly different, and FAST and efficient so became the only forum I visited for this topic.
The google adds mostly were very topical, and used them occasionally (helps pay for the forum too I guess)

Maybe it was an old engine, but a very good engine. IMO better than vBulletin.

The change of the board system is too much welcomed and infact it was nessesary. But i do agree with Faltulent regarding having Moderating buttons on the posting window.

well it looks like something is fixed, regarding finding own posts, but still i'm not seeming to like it much..
This can be found easily on the second tool bar on the top which says "My posts" > My threads OR My posts. Bieng more frequent on the forum will help to be more familiar with controls and settings which will not be a serious problem. Its just like you get a new car and bieng confused the first time to drive conviniently.
Pranam77

I was really 'obsessed' with the old layout. It was fast and easy to use (at least for me) That was the only reason I remained here, instead of the gazillion other forum. I guess I have to leave now. Bye Bye everyone.

How do you find 'unanswered posts'? Thanks, Keith
The same button i mentioned in the last reply will work to find the unanswered posts ...."My posts" > My threads > My posts > Unanswered posts > My subscription

Thanks. I guess that is new, unless I couldn't find it before - "My Posts" is not the obvious place to look for "unanswered posts"!

Keith.

Thank you for your opinion. We can not still use very old engine. Everything what you said is just layout. I will create simple one for you, but I need some time. Thank you for understand.

No problem I just wanted you to get some feedback ASAP .
Essentially my preference is always just for text with images being
about the content but only where relevant. (I really prefer usenet to WWW let's put it that way!)
For me the information content is king.
Anyway - I've had my say - not another peep from me.

I know it takes time to sort these things out.

Best wishes

---------------------
jack

Thanks. I guess that is new, unless I couldn't find it before - "My Posts" is not the obvious place to look for "unanswered posts"!
Keith.
Yes Kieth. This was added recently. I too agree with your words about "My posts" We'll wait and see what the Admin does. The forum had just migrated and may need to give some final touches.
Cheers

Dont need or want graphic interference with what I'm reading
Dont need or want "similar" text popping up I havnt asked for wasting my bandwidth
Dont have time or interest for "blogs"

much rather have previous format.

sorry this is backward development

----------------------
jack

i agree, get back with the old format.
The new design sucks so much that I don't want to visit this forum at all.
there are other forums.

if something works great, don't fix it!

I will persevere a while. I have noticed quite a few things getting fixed already. "unanswered posts" has appeared on the left hand side of the screen now, which is great for me.

Keith.

I hate this layout too, but phpBB2 was really old engine, not supported for many years. I will remove all unnecessary blocks, icons to keep forum simple and effective. Thank you for understand and I'm ready for other negative opinions.

I assume the debug information will disappear when it is sorted? (unless I am the only one seeing it!)

Keith.

EDABoard Webdesign Changed

Hello, everybody. When this new webdesign has changed. I like the old one style of edaboard :)

MemberList

Hello, what is memberlist page, when I click I get this.

umery2k75, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

I hate this layout too, but phpBB2 was really old engine, not supported for many years. I will remove all unnecessary blocks, icons to keep forum simple and effective. Thank you for understand and I'm ready for other negative opinions.

why don't you have a vote or a poll to see how many of your members do not like the new layout? I'll bet you will be surprised.

THIS NEW DESIGN IS NOT PLEASING TO EYES. I DON'T LIKE IT. I LIKE THE PREVIOUS OLD FASHIONED ONE. IT WAS GREAT.
@ctownsend
WHERE IS THE VOTE OR POLL?

Colors will be changed to old ones, I need around week.

The worst problem I think is that forum is slower, this must be change first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back