Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sorry dont like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
we cant edit our posts, also enable uploaded file description

yellow circle with a strike on it before every every post is irritating .......moreover it reduces the no of posts on a page as its diameter is large...

Sorry but its my opinion.

The yellow circle is VERY useful, it shows which posts are new since your last visit. I visit several times a day and it makes it much easier to see what has been updated since I last checked.
I do miss the ability to add symbols though, particularly the Omega symbol.
Brian.

initally the new design seams to be puzzle. but now the features make life much easier for ex. automatically searching posted titles when typing a new thread, groups, immediate intimation of notification etc thanks to admin

i am still waiting for my lost attachments in inbox.
is it possible to download them in outlook mail?

hock

Re: It looks good

I would like to suggest that this option will do better,
ie, when you goto "my posts" , it should be displayed that who has posted last which seems to be not there.
Now to know whether there is any new post in that, either we have to keep track of no. of replies or open the thread and look it.

Regards,

With the old interface you had more information in a screen.

I think the thread without replies is too big...

dear sir, perhaps we need time to evaluate

the forum is going on healthy and it is proud to be here.

yeah i have one issue that embarrassed me
I find suddenly that around 3000 points added /donated to my account. perhaps a real embarrassment
as I told, retire man, what i shall do with the them. i don't know who added so many as it is a huge sum.

All the best for the site , its managers, moderators and members.

Hi All,
Surprise Surprise !!!

But not so pleasing though.

Please get back the color combination of the previous version, PLEASE. This color-set gives a boring dull feature to the page. The previous set had contrast whereas this is bland.

Its not that I am not interested in the newer version and against up-gradation, its just that it feels good to the eyes.

If I am not mistaken, this color-set is found in Kaspersky Anti-Virus Set and also NOD-32 Anti-Virus pages.
I am not very pleased with that color.

The above views are my own and are subjective.
Hoping to find a a better page next time I log in.

Regards

Javed

P.S: Kudos to the design team. Nice work.

I use to the old EDA layout for so many years, the new look is fine but I like the old more:grin:

i dont like the my post section because it not likes the old one..

i think it much better if it display someone reply's the topic that we have post..

Before the change names of threads that I looked through were displayed in a different shade. It was very good - you should do it again.

Hi Everyone

Gulson, it is a great job you have done.

Considering the amount of users on EDAB and the small amount of comments here, I would say it is a success.

The forum is not any faster or slower than before, or for me anyway.

Blogs

If you don't like them, don't use them.

Some people will, some people will not.

No reason to remove the feature IMO

ALBUMS

If you don't like them, don't use them.

Some people will, some people will not.

No reason to remove the feature IMO

In general about new features Don't complain about something you do not use or do not want to use. Thats negative thinking.

The new features do not cause you any harm or any issues

STYLES

This is very VERY much a personal thing, ANY change will please some people some of the time but never all of the people all of the time.

I can remember the same complaints when EDAB changed styles before.

Board Visits

To be honest again, my own opinion (maybe not shared by gulson or others)

If you don't like it, do not use it. EDAB is a FREE resource, that has not changed.

My own opinion is that the CONTENT here is far more valuable than it is given credit for.

Yes some things are different, yes some things are better, yes some things are worse.

But be fair guys, it had to change.

So I would REALLY be VERY grateful if comments regarding the new layout could be restricted to a "WISH LIST" of nice changes to make it better.

I would also REALLY be VERY grateful if comments regarding the new layout could be polite and on a POSITIVE way of thinking.

Comments like, sucks, I will not be back, I wont visit beacause of the change, change back or else are all VERY NEGATIVE.

Comments like "Gulson, could you please create a new style ...." are polite and POSITIVE.

Again IMO we should look to keep POSITIVE thinking and not make negative comments, we have a free resource, if we start down a negative path, just because of a new look, we will become the same as all the other forums that have come and gone before.

:F

crikey! talk about the "head in the sand type attitude"

1. If you like it there is the appropriate thread
https://www.edaboard.com
/thread186349.html
..... though it seems to be less popular than this one.

2. I'm sure if Gulson didn't want to see any negative comment, he could speak up for himself

3. Negative comments should be viewed in a positive way, to improve things.

4. "But be fair guys, it had to change."
The number of times in professional life we must deal with this,
yes, but, like as analogy statement...

"Microsoft have now ubeaut new api/framework, we must rewrite our
application to the new paradigm ( like for the bloody Nth TIME!!!).
Is the application going to do anything functionally different ?
NO !!
Is the client going to get any real benefit ?
NO !!
Will it be FASTER ?
Most probably NOT, just more bloated
But it will use microsoft new stuff....
Cost XXXXXXX to redevelop
Ah just increase the price of the product......
"

So this forum, its still slower than before, needed a server upgrade to deal with
the bloat that is in vBulletin
Is it really an upgrade?

the aesthetics set the forum apart from other forums, so should be viewed as
important. Previously very very compelling. Now not so. In fact its irritating and much worse than other vBullitin boards that have a very simple less customized interface.

anyway I accept the decision, just had to have my rant.

The "giving points" dialog/pages ......don't make much sense atm.

7. the auto logout timing is annoying (ly short)
getting logged out in the middle of editing a reply!

8. New threads listing,.....not enough on one page, its just awful. (not the only
one not liking this in particular)

Not bad. It will be better if there are more board styles to choose from though.

overall , i like the new forum.. especially the points thing, and other details..
just some more points that I want to note down is:
1)signature has limited use.html and other things are not allowed.i think atleast there should be a facility to post your home page in the signature.
2)I am not sure, but I think the points are not immediately updated after a post.

other things are cool, in my view.

As a minor complaint: The "User Name" field in board search has been more reasonable before, ANDing all threads you have posted in. Now it returns only your originated threads, which is almost useless in my opinion. (May be different for board members who are cross-posting a lot...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back