Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thank you / New look and feel OF EDA board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just yesteday i was wondering why there hasn't been any change in the forum and today the forum has been upgraded!!

Btw what's up with all this level thing??

Last edited:

Obviously a few initial problems. I also cannot find my posts. I also seem to end up with 'kojak'. I cannot find 'unanswered posts' or 'favourites'. Hopefully everything will be sorted soon. Keith

Me too was ending up with "kojak" may be when the board was in process of migration, and now i feel comfortable and ease with the settings and controls.

Every one Please note that your old posts can be found on the second top tool bar below the "Albums" button . My posts > My threads > My posts.Cheers and enjoy

There are some oddities left. The "my threads" categorie is basically a good idea, but it gives partly wrong results, claiming my authorship for threads that have actually been started by others, but the original post has vanished.

I noticed that "top helped" ranking has been mixed up somehow. Most helpful forum member keith has been deprived and lost most of his former august points.

I'm also curious about the exact criterion for the content of the "new posts" view, apparently intended to replace recent posts.

Where do the "helpful" icons come from?

Anyway. We are changing each day. Only time will tell, if for the better.

Frank

Just yesteday i was wondering why there hasn't been any change in the forum and today the forum has been upgraded!!

Btw what's up with all this level thing??

I hate this layout too, I think it's for kids... Please give me a chance to restore all functionality.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Sorting corrected
Setting corrected
Disabled icons, facebook and unecessary stuff like this
PM box fixed
My posts and my threads fixed
Added link to unanswered posts, my subscription (old watched and favourites)
All points and helped converted

Most helpful forum member keith has been deprived and lost most of his former august points.
Yes but I haven't restarted it 1st August, so it was ranking for two months, now it's correct, sorry for problems

To do:
make layout more simple
latex check and correct
youtube tags check and correct
and many more

My concern is the loss of "favourites" and "unanswered posts". I browse the forum a lot with my mobile phone and try to ensure sensible posts don't go unanswered (although many are not my area of expertise). So the "unanswered posts" was where I spent most of my time. If there was something I couldn't answer on my mobile because I needed to look something up or do a simulation I would mark it as a "favourite" so I could find it when I was at my computer. That was the why I was helping a lot of people. Some of the posts might have gone for 3 days unanswered but I got round to it when I could and they didn't get forgotten. Neither of those features seem to exist now and I am struggling to participate in the board. The wap version of the forum was pretty bad before and doesn't work at all now - I used the normal site, but it is too slow on my phone to manually go through every forum and every post to find the unanswered ones. The only way I can now mark ones to look at later is by adding bookmarks on my mobile to the individual threads and then syncing the bookmarks in Opera and picking them up on my desktop Opera later. I do use vBulletin boards elsewhere, but they are always slower than the old EDA one. When you try to do a quick reply it refreshes the page after entering the text in the quick reply box before you get the chance to post it. Then when you do post it you end up with a blank screen, I am not sure why - probably a javascript the browser cannot handle. So, you then need to go back a couple of steps and check the post has actually appeared. Sometimes it gets lost and you really need to cut & paste your text before posting in order to save having to type it in again if it gets lost. The spellchecker in Firefox doesn't seem to work in the vBulletin quick reply box.

The new forum is so far making it difficult for me to participate how I used to. Maybe it's ok for other people. Maybe I will find a way round the way it works and be able to contribute usefully - I don't know yet. I am trying.

Keith.

Thank you for your opinion. Everything will be back.

Would it be possible to customize the 'quick links' to add 'unanswered posts'? It is a selfish request on my part - on my mobile browser the 'search' and 'my posts' overlap so I cannot select 'my posts' to get to 'unanswered posts'. I guess it is really an Opera Mobile problem.

Keith

Thanks Gulson,
for your great work.

The new look and layout of EDABOARD are very good and nice.

Skywalker.

Re: sorry dont like it

HI

I like the new eda board, the color is a bit dark and should be change to a color with more light.

Keep up the good work

Bobi

Nice style

hello
that very nice and easier to use
thanks very much

Congratulation!

The new look is very nice!

There are new facilities in the board? Im going to check it.

Thank you for the good job.

[]s

Hi guys

Great change! Thanks for updating the outlook and functionality of my favorite web site! If you need any donation to keep elektroda in good shape please don't hesitate to contact me for as I will be delighted to make a contribution.

Cheers

flyhigh

i love this version !it is very useful and nice

Re: like it very much

new day new face to edaboard

congratulation for it

pl

Its quite nice

the new face of edaboard in nice,,, but at first i can't find where i should search for my previous posts... but its nice

Great!

The new look of Edaboard it's absolutely awesome! Good job, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back