Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you implement a PID controller so the sensor output matches the input sine wave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qubits1

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've a sine wave input goes goes through the system. I'm monitoring output using a sensor. The system lag is about a few milliseconds. Is it possible to implement a PID controller so that the sensor output matches the input sine wave?
Input sine wave frequency: 100Hz
The system consists of a speaker and the sensor is a special microphone.

Re: PID controller

I see the option of implementing a control loop. But it can't work with "a few milliseconds" of true
deadtime. If the "lag" is just the phase shift a system with low-pass characteristic it would be different.
However, what's the purpose of implementing a feedback? If the signal is a continuous sine, an amplitude
control loop can be more effective and more easy to implement as well.

ok but have you tryed owen bishops small book on control..he explains PID very well

What's a amplitude control loop? I tried searching online but couldn't find anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back