Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to amplify a RF transmitter and receiver module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockman_akim

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have rf transmitter and receiver module. the operation frequency is 433mhz..
it only work around 100m..
how can i amplified it to get better and longer distance??

rf amplifier

You can use directional antennas for the receiver and transmitter or you can build a simple LNA for the transmitter using MMIC amplifiers.

Re: rf amplifier

huhu..actually im new in rf..
can u xplain it more..

tanx..

lockman_akim said:
i have rf transmitter and receiver module. the operation frequency is 433mhz..
it only work around 100m..
how can i amplified it to get better and longer distance??

how much longer distance?. These units are primarily designed to work over
short distances a few 10's of metres
Yes you could use, as suggested b4, transmit or receive amplifiers to boost the signal or yagi (gain antennae) but you run the risk in interferring with other spectrum users. In my country we are pretty upset with 433MHz units running more power than they are allowed and interferring with our comms service.

Also the further you have these units separated the more chance you will get a lot of intereference from other comms systems.

cheers
Dave

i believe you also need to do an analysis on the sensitivity of your design based on the characteristics you have on the other end (LNA,NF) and also gain from each antenna/free space insertion loss. Then you ll know the minimum power you have to have on the Rx for an specific distance.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back