Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synopsys VCSi problems in ubuntu 10.4 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smerky

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone might have some ideas or ran into the same problem that I've been having with Synopsys VCSi software.

I have VCS 2010 june revision (So it's the latest version) installed on a Ubuntu Server (Has desktop environment) 10.4 64-bit edition. When I try to run `vcsi ./addr4.v -R -debug` on an example that synopsys provides in its documentation that comes with the software I get these errors:

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.4.3/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.4.3/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++

I have installed the latest amd64 libstdc++ package, which is "libstdc++6_4.4.3-4ubuntu5_amd64.deb." But I still run into the same error. I've also installed the latest amd64 libc package, which is "libc6_2.11.1-0ubuntu7.1_amd64.deb." But that didn't seem to be a solution either.

Thank you for any suggestions any of you might have.

Smerky

Hi, I don't have experience with VCS installation, but are you sure that the version that you are using is 64 bits compatible? Try to install ia32-libs. Maybe it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back