Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DRC violations in DFT Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

dftguy

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm getting many PRE-DFT violations such as D1, D2, D3, D4, D9, D10, D12, D14, D15, D17 . What are the DC commands that i can include in my scripts to resolve these issues. I'm also getting chain blockages due to which less than half of the cells are stitched. When I run in Tetramax, all the cells which are included in the scan chains are able to be traced but the coverage is negligible. Any solution for this. I think the solution for the first will solve the second. Please help.
Thanks and Regards

Hi,
I'm getting many PRE-DFT violations such as D1, D2, D3, D4, D9, D10, D12, D14, D15, D17 . What are the DC commands that i can include in my scripts to resolve these issues. I'm also getting chain blockages due to which less than half of the cells are stitched. When I run in Tetramax, all the cells which are included in the scan chains are able to be traced but the coverage is negligible. Any solution for this. I think the solution for the first will solve the second. Please help.
Thanks and Regards

you need first resolve D2 violations.

D1 violation comes when scan-clock (you defined with command set_dft_signal) is not clocking the flip-flop properly in scan-mode. Have you define scan-enable port properly, some time the SE pins of flip-flop do not connect to top-level scan-enable port defined with set_dft_signal.

If you are not able to fix manually , you can fix D1,D2 D3 violations with auto-fix . violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back