Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

accelerometer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmnr00

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hye guys, i'm to build a device that detects if a bicycle is moved from its rack. I wish to use accelerometer. Is this relevant? will an accelerometer do this job?

Thanks in advance for any help

There are simpler ways of doing it. You can get movement sensors which consist of a spring inside a metal tube. Movement causes the spring to touch the metal tube which can be used to set of an alarm. The problem with them is that the sensitivity isn't adjustable. A tilt switch is a another possibility.

An accelerometer could be used but is a more complicated and expensive solution.

Keith

Reactions: mmnr00

mmnr00

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
keith1200rs said:
A tilt switch is a another possibility.

Thanks for the reply. I think tilt sensor is not suitable for my case because I want to detect if someone moves the bicycle. Thanks a lot for you suggestion about the movement sensor

the cheap car alarms, they have a movement sensor, and its adjustable too, with a potentiometer.

if an adjustable movement sensor comes with that, i think it must be available separately too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back