Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test power factor of the power supply-Flyback type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackD

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am trying to test power factor of the power supply-Flyback type. Its parameters are:
Vapml=325
Freq= 50Hz
The frequency of switching of VPULSE is 100kHz.

The transformer was made of coupling inductors as on the scheme. The problem is when I want to calculate the power input of the diagram( the results are presented in the material).

Could someone tell me what the problem is? Is the mistake in the transformer? How can I solve this problem?
Thanks for help.

You don't measure the input power. It's actually V1*I(V1).

As a hint: You can also determine the power factor from an I1 fourier transformation respectively THD measurement.

Re: How to test power factor of the power supply-Flyback typ

Hi FvM
I made the simulation of the entire circuit and, again, the same problem appeared- I cannot calculate the power factor(I use the formula P=Uwy/Uwe).
How can I calculate PF using THD measurement as you mentioned yesterday?
Could you please help me
Thanks

There's a simple problem with your measurement. As the 12 kW input power peak clarifies you are starting the measurement at t = 0, with discharged capacitors. A power factor measurement can only work in steady state operation. You either have to wait until all voltages have stabilized or should set reasonable initial conditions. In addition, the average operation must be performed for full 50 Hz cycles.

Reactions: JackD

JackD

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.