Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert 12v DC/8amp truck battery supply to 5v DC/800ma ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: dc to dc converter

you sould use buck converter. you can use linear power supply. but your most of the power will be descipated leading to lower efficiency.in case of dc-dc converter, you will get efficiency of 80-90%. nowadays many tiny switch are available from power integration, texas instrument, etc. u have to just configure it externally with 4-5 components.

dc to dc converter

Hi mayankverma786,
If you will select i.e. NI`s "simple switcher"; you have the minimal count external components & good efficiency too. Fill it out_its interesting as learn effect too, your case has i.e. best case complete BOM at $2.50(LM2765-5,in sum 8 components & need 306mm2 surface, with 88% efficiency) :)...
**broken link removed**
K.

dc to dc converter

Hi
You can find some with a couple of transistors, it was some weeks ago on edaboard too(I think title was some with "the simplest switcher" or so...), but whats your problem pls with a simple to adapt/apply IC?
The discreet built (transistors) version gives you possibly a lot problems & to assume; it will not be smaller/better & cheaper...
K.

Re: dc to dc converter

Hi karesz can i have your yahoo or gtalk id? my id is mayankverma786@gmail.com

Added after 5 minutes:

which circuit will be better for trucks battery?

Added after 55 minutes:

thank you!! karesz

Status
Not open for further replies.