Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error in HFSS when simulating patch antenna: substrate and stripline intersect

Status
Not open for further replies.

nami689

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone

i have made simulation on HFSS for a patch antenna (with 9.5GHz) but everytime i try to validate it, it keeps saying "substrate and stripline intersect", im not really sure how there are intersecting....so can someone please help me :cry:

Patch Antenna help

Your feeding microstrip line is embeded in the substrate.

Just move the feeding MS line a littler upward the z-axis, problems will be sloved.

Re: Patch Antenna help

hi shmily0447

thanks for checking :)

i tried that....now the whole simulation validates :) but there is no graph (when i try the S11 parameter or the smith chart) i tried playing with the feedline but still no graph :cry: so i was wondering am i missing anything? can you please help me :cry:

Hi,
You can try this attached.

thank you shmily0447 :)

thank you shmily0447 :) I have updated the patch antenna and i have finally got some graphs but i dont know if there are correct...cause they kind of look weird...so can someone please help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back