Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with line following Bot for a competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihir08

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Line folollwing Bot

Hey guys ,, EDA has always been a gr8 help and i am sure there will be no exception this time !

I am participating in a line following robot competition and am thinkin to build it usin pic16f84 as its the only mc i have exprimented with . here are the rules and docs

**broken link removed**

if any one has sum helpful links plz post below and any design aspects if any one could suggest it will be very helpful !

Regrds
mihir thakkar

Re: Line folollwing Bot

Two IR LED , Two IR detector, one microcontroller and a high rpm dc motor will do the trick for you.

U can also make the same using analog circuits. For that u need two white LEDs, Two LDRs, four power transistors, wo ordinary transistors(BC 547), two preset and offcourse some resistors.

All the best

thnks for the reply ! i think use of micro controler will simplfy the task ! as i can latter even do minute calibrations after seeing the actual track .

i am confused about the best possition of IR led and transistor and the algorithm to keep the bot on track ! and as its a race there shold be least possible movenments for correction of possition accept while turning !

Try out this website

Before going with the construction of the Robot i kindly advice u to study the track properly.

checkout youtube as well

Line folollwing Bot

The Exact track is still not out yet , so i think i need to wait for that ! thanks for the link ! i saw this vedio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl0CJhPiEfY

and its really awsum ! but i doubt if i can build something as fast as that !

You can buddy. All u have to do is use a high rpm dc motor.

ya high RPM motor . don't you think at higher speed there are high chances of robo loosing the line ! ( but nothing good if it works)

but i am still not clear how a good algorithm for a line follwing robot should be .

like just a color avoiding algorithm. works ?

i mean if track is of white color on black background ,
do i only have to program that if black color is detected on sensor at one side -- turn in opposite direction .

wont it become very shakey !

i think that placing sensors on a extension before the bot will benifit ! what you have to say ?

The placement of the sensors should be done precisely.
For avoiding the shaking of robot you should not stop any of the motor completely when the robo is taking left or right turn. Infact you should decrease the speed of the motor by varying the duty cycle of signal(i.e., the input to motor).

The speed controller works by varying the average voltage sent to the motor. It could done by simply adjusting the voltage sent to the motor, but this is quite inefficient to do. A better way is to switch the motor's supply on and off very quickly. If the switching is fast enough, the motor doesn't notice it, it only notices the average effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.