Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me output 1V DC from a 2.45 GHz rectenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

yang0161

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody..
I want to design a 2.45GHz rectenna. i want my output from the rectenna is 1Volt DC output but i only got very smaller value which is in micro volt. So anybody who is expert in antenna can help..

Re: RF convert to DC

what is the transmitter power ?
what is the transmitting antenna gain?
what is the receiving antenna gain ?
how far apart are the antennae ?

Dave

it depends on those indicated by davenn.

besides, the size of the antena is important. make sure the transmit antenna and the receive antenna have the same polarizations.

it depends on the transmitted power, the gains of the antennas, the efficiency of the rectify circuit and the resistance of the load, as well as the distance between the transmitted antenna and the received antenna.

As the colleagues above indicate your specification of your rectenna are too poor to comment.

Output voltage is not enough; to transmit DC POWER, you also must specify the detector load.
In my experiments I found that the propagation basics hold; one must irradiate a rectenna with a reasonable power density (which means a high RF power into a directional antenna, and counting propagation loss over a distance), and so far any available Schottky diodes can operate with a RF power of no more than +10 dBm, or 10 milliwatts. More power is simply reflected back and reradiated.
It may be easy to generate 1...3 V DC into a DVM with 10 MegOhm impedance. But loading the rectenna detector with a 1 kOhm load will drop the voltage to several millivolts, not a power for any use.
Many people try to play with rectennas but over years no progress was seen A new type of detector capable of a higher-power conversion at 2.45 GHz is needed.

hi everybody..
I want to design a 2.45GHz rectenna. i want my output from the rectenna is 1Volt DC output but i only got very smaller value which is in micro volt. So anybody who is expert in antenna can help..

how big is your input power? You need to specify the input power level instead of the input voltage.
I do not think uV can be boosted to 1V. Current, -25 dBm is kind of the limits for the boosting of 1V.

Current, -25 dBm is kind of the limits for the boosting of 1V...
(in what output load impedance? >1MOhm?)

This value with an input impedance Rs=50 Ohm means Vo~17mV or Pin=3uW... or no? And a range of ~7m or more? Not bad indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back