Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question of import gds from encounter using Virtuoso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daffo123

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to run the drc/lvs with calibre on Virtuoso.

My gds made from a DEF of SoC encounter.

I find that a lot of cells are overlapped, when I run import a gds from the encounter.

In fact, a GDS on Encounter has no problem, I mean, not overlapped.
but exporting gds from encounter and then importing gds to Virtuoso, something problems

I don't know exactly why many overlapped cells are existed on Virtuoso after exporting from encounter.

Do you have any experiences in this case??

Please let me know if you have.

In reference, I use V8.1 for SoC Encounter and V5141 for Virtuoso.

Thanks in advance.

I usually import encounter design to virtuoso using def format.

try dumping the gds file from SOC Encounter (provide the correct layermap file) & streamin the same gds in virtuoso.

Hi Daffo123,

This reminds me a problem I encountered with gds export from Magma.

The problem may be unresolved cells or conflicting reference cells during gds export. Normally gds is merged using gds files of reference cells inside a design, e.g. macro gds files, standard cell gds files, analog cell gds files. Please check the log file to see if there are warnings during gds export phase, it can help you debug the problem.

If the problem is conflicting references, there may be 2 reference cells having the same name. This may cause the gds export command to choose wrong reference cells, and if both references are not the same size, you may end-up with overlapping cells.

If this is the case, you should modify one of your gds files and change the reference cell name. Then during exporting you should tell the tool to use that reference.

By the way, your case may not be the one I explained, but it sounds very similar and I hope it helps you,

Best regards,
Gokhan
---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back