Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfaceing nokia handphone to microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

rik

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
interface hp dengan mikrokontroler

Hi, I'm currently working on a project which needs to interface a nokia handphone to a microcontroller. The handphone is used to send signals to the micorcontroller when it receives SMS and also send back notifications to the sender when a signal is successfully delivered to the microcontroller.

Does the interfacing need any other different ICs or chips other than a data cable (preferably RS232) for connection from the handphone to the microcontroller?
Can anyone pls help... thanks in advance!

handphone to microcontroller

The interfacing is not the problem but the software ...

Nokia uses a very complicated protocol which has not been published :-(

You can have a look at the reverse engineered knowledge here:
**broken link removed**

Also search edaboard for "nokia sms"

best regards

mbus/fbus cable datasheet

Use a irda to rs232 adaptor ,then irda comunicate with nokia mobile,and rs232 connect to pc.then use nokia soft,you not only can send/receive sms,and also can edit notebook.

handphone rs232

C-Man, I read about your comment on using a level converter with the data cable for the Nokia phone in realisation of a 5V microcontroller to 3.3V supplied handphone interfacing. I can't seem to understand the connections. Can you please explain how i connect them?

understand nokia mbus protocol

rik,

I am sorry I have never done interfacing a Nokia GSM as I am only using Siemens phones.

As far as I know there are two bus systems for Nokia: Fbus and Mbus.

One of them is a "normal" 3V TTL RS232 and the other uses only a single pin to transmit and receive (also 3V TTL).

The circuit I have posted once can only work with the "normal" 3V TTL RS232 and it should not be too difficult to understand how it is working as it only uses a cheap LM393 (open collector comperator) as level transverter.

When you take a look at the datasheet of the LM393 you should be able to figure out how it is working :)

If you want to use the original Nokia Datacable between your phone and a microcontroller you will need at least a MAX232 as level converter (also check which pins except GND, RX and TX need to be connected).

best regards

rf converter handphone

You can find a good topic here...regarding PIC and SMS using PICBASIC Proton
**broken link removed**

nokia rs232 circuit

Hi,

I bought Mbus/Fbus cable several years ago for 5 EUR. Before making your own try to find one for your Nokia. It has built in level shifter that takes current (power) from the computer's RS-232 port.

The Mbus protocol alows only 9600 bit/s. If you use Fbus you can set your port to 115200 bit/s, 8N1.

Regards,
eblue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back