Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with PLI in reading and generating saif file

Status
Not open for further replies.

always84

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I'm using PLI in modelsim to generate a saif back file to Synopsys , because I want evaluate my switching activity. When i Load my project in my testbench, called main.v (this is a Verilog project), these warning are issue:

** Warning: (vsim-PLI-3003) /dati/test4x4_conDMA_preSIN_30giu/main.v(758): [TOFD] - System task or function '$read_lib_saif' is not defined.
# Region: /main
# ** Warning: (vsim-PLI-3003) /dati/test4x4_conDMA_preSIN_30giu/main.v(759): [TOFD] - System task or function '$set_toggle_region' is not defined.
# ** Warning: (vsim-PLI-3003) /dati/test4x4_conDMA_preSIN_30giu/main.v(760): [TOFD] - System task or function '$toggle_start' is not defined.
# ** Warning: (vsim-PLI-3003) /dati/test4x4_conDMA_preSIN_30giu/main.v(761): [TOFD] - System task or function '$toggle_stop' is not defined.
# ** Warning: (vsim-PLI-3003) /dati/test4x4_conDMA_preSIN_30giu/main.v(762): [TOFD] - System task or function '$toggle_report' is not defined.

How can I use PLI? I've check my modelsim.ini and this seems to be correct? I'm loosing some detail? thanks for hepling me

You need to link appropriate PLI SO files to VSIM. Usually the SNPS Power compiler should provide this for you - I believe you use that to generate the SAIF file.

Look at:

Code:
$SYNOPSYS/auxx/syn/power/vpower/lib-$ARCH/libvpower.so

Note that $SYNOPSYS variable should be set to your SYNOPSYS directory. Also, $ARCH is your system architecture, like "linux", "sparcOS5", etc.

Good Luck
TeamCVC
www.cvcblr.com/blog

thaks for your replay, i have discover the problem reading Power Compiler, infact i didn't have this part in my installation, and I 've read that to use PLI you need software like Verilog-XL, VCS, MTI and I was using Modelsim. Alternatively I've generate my vcd files from modelsim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back