Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multipath Effects on Polarization

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvargo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience in indoor propagation. In our application we use 2 linearly polarized antennas, both mounted vertically. They are used in a warehouse in an 802.11b/g application.

We may have an application where one of the antennas would have to be oriented horizontally. I have read that in an indoor environment, when a signal is reflected its polarization may change. So, in an indoor environment with a lot of multipath, the signal that is at the receiving antenna will be a random mixture of polarizations. If this is true, then we would should be OK with the antennas mounted differently.

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with indoor propagation, or if anybody has any opinions on this. I've read some articles online, but if anybody has any more sources I'm always appreciative.

You can get a lot of polarization change from reflections, so some sort of tilt from vertical on one of the two antennas would be smart. you need to experiment around.

I have had good luck with dual polarization receive antennas with handheld transmitters. They are the worst because you are not sure of the physical orientation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back