Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Square Wave UPS into Sine wave UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
a simple way to convert any Squar wave (desi/imported) UPS into Sine wave UPS. i tried it with my APC-500 old UPS it worked great. guys don't waste money in buying expensive sine wave UPS

YouTube - Sine Wave UPS

Now try it with a true RMS voltmeter.

A UPS with modified sinewave output will have insufficient output voltage if converted to sinewave.

There are a couple of videos like this on you tube, but were are the schematics/software? It would be benefical for all of us to share them.

How's power comsumption of the UPS at no load? They use about one Amp/h without load, does the sine output reduce the comsumption?

Last edited:

Hi,
I think output voltage would be reduced greatly. In SMPS inverters, to make sine wave, H-bridge is driven from 350VDC bus to output 220-240VAC sine wave. Imagine the output voltage if you used a 220V bus, wouldn't be very high.

Tahmid.

What is the current consumption on no load?

A standard modified sinewave UPS for 230 vac has about a 310 vdc DC-DC push-pull SMPS.

A true sinewave would have about 360-380 vdc SMPS to supply the peak of sinewave.

If you can modify the feedback resistors and may be able to get the required 360 vdc but the max power load would also need to be limited to avoid possible saturation (100% duty cycle on push-pull switcher).

A sinewave inverter will have a higher no load current drain due to power consumed by the much higher chop rate on the output H-bridge MOSFET's.

Thanks for sharing

Thanx dear keep it up

---------- Post added at 05:58 ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 ----------

bro will you share the code with us???

Status
Not open for further replies.