Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is my pic being damaged? I use PICkit3 to program....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VINITA DHAMELE

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: is my pic dead?

My question is :
I am using PIC KIT3 to program the chip PIC16f887 when i connect the programmer to the target board ....the message is being displayed
"Target Device id (00000000) does not match expected device Id ( 00002080)".
Is my pic being damaged?

VINITA DHAMELE said:
My question is :
I am using PIC KIT3 to program the chip PIC16f887 when i connect the programmer to the target board ....the message is being displayed
"Target Device id (00000000) does not match expected device Id ( 00002080)".
Is my pic being damaged?

No,
Its related to to the programmer or the software that you use to program your device. Check if the pic is correctly put on the progrrammer. Verify also some setting for the software that you are using.

Thanks for your reply.

as this is my tested Software and with the same software and same programmer i have programmed the PIC so many times (the same chip ) but now i am getting this message why?
Regards.

Hello,

Have you resolved your problem.
I also have the problem working PICKIT3 + PIC-P67J60

I think your PIC is still good.

If you use MPLAB to program, you can select Configure/Select Device, then select which matches with your PIC

Maybe you have photo of connection.

My is **broken link removed**

Maybe.
Check your PGD, PGC pins. Maybe they are inverted, which will give you this same error.
You should also check the Silicon Errata documentation from Microchip on the chip that you are using. Maybe you have put the chip in such a condition where it will not be able to be programmed again and the chip is lost.

Yes ofcourse... I have experienced the same problem .....for eg:I have two PIC18F452 controller and universal programmer..IC-1 is programmed successfully and IC-2 on the same condition is not programming...So the IC-2 is damaged. But I dont know the reason why it is getting damanged.:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back