Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert a NC Drill file to DXF file format ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch2

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to convert a NC Drill file to a DXF file to help create a fabrication drawing.

Basically what I need is a drawing showing all the drill locations with a different symbol for each hole size.

Thanks,

D2.

Re: NC Drill file to DXF

Use gerber editor ex. CAM350 import your drill file and convert NC to gerber now you can export to DXF.

NC Drill file to DXF

hi Dutch,
i feel you need a fab drawing or drill drawing and not a NC drill file. (NC DRILL contains data of hole locations and hole dia but no symbols)
Drill drawing contains drill table and different drill locations and some fabrication notes if necessary.
1.You may use gerber tools which supports DXF export
2. some PCB tools can export direct DXF of any layers (NC drill not supported)

Re: NC Drill file to DXF

The board was created in Ultiboard 2001 SP2. I can export the design in gerber or DXF format, but non of the files have the fabrication drawing information I need.

What I need is a drawing showing all the drill locations with a different symbol for each hole size and a legend to indicate what's what.

I have a NC Drill file and I'm looking for a way to convert it into the drawing.

Thanks,

D2.

NC Drill file to DXF

still confused..well...go for a DXF from gerber data using tools like CAM350.
ultiboard 2001... I am a stranger!
here attached figures for what I mean by a NCDRILL..
I still believe you need the second figure (FAB layer)
14_1279162338.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back