Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900 Customer Flash Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lucho1045
1137B03SIM90032_ST is no longer available from the simcom vault. I have attached 1137B07SIM900A32_ST

Hi chipseller,

Could you help me with the latest version of the SIM900D?
I am currently using the 1137B06SIM900D64_ST.

Thank you.

Hi Carminitti
Here Are the latest two releases for the 64M ST Flash version. You should find the flashloader elsewhere in this thread. If not shout and I will upload it again

Keith

Attachments

• 1137B08SIM900M64_ST.rar
    6 MB · Views: 359
  • 1137B09SIM900M64_ST.rar
    6 MB · Views: 525
Hi Chipseller.

I have been using SIM900D for quite some time now without any problems. Now they say that SIM300D is no longer available. Can I just put a SIM900D instead of SIM300D without any hardware / software modifications. I am just using the following 3 or 4 commands
ATE0
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGL="ALL"
AT+CMGS="number"
AT+CMGD=1

Hi Carminitti
Here Are the latest two releases for the 64M ST Flash version. You should find the flashloader elsewhere in this thread. If not shout and I will upload it again

Keith

Hi Chipseller,

I am trying to use the tool but I getting one error when it starts to download the application on flash (see the attached image about the error).

Error.jpg

Can you help me wiht that?
Do you have any suggestion about that problem?

Thank you.

Hi Techie

It is not quite that simple as that because the I/O voltages are different between the 300 and 900. I have a document somewhere detailing the differences. I will post it as soon as I can (hopefully tomorrow), otherwise you should be ok with the command set. The other main difference is that the 900 will only accept upper-case commands

Hi Carminiti

This looks like it is because the power is being allowed to cycle after the ram download phase. The recommended way to switch these on is to momentarily short PWRKEY and PWRKEY_RTN (normally ground) together for about a second then release the pushbutton or short. When downloading this short must be left in place until the operation is complete. On the Evaluation board there is switch called download which does just this. See the attached EVB schematic for more detail

Attachments

• SIM900-EVB_V1.01_DL.pdf
    246.2 KB · Views: 277
Hi techie

The Sim FTP site is up again now, so here are two documents which may help you transfer to the sim900

Attachments

• SIM900_Sim300_ATC_Comparison_V1.01.pdf
    957.9 KB · Views: 173
  • SIM900-TE-C_SIM300C340C_HD_Comparison_V1.01.pdf
    123.1 KB · Views: 128
  • SIM900D_SIM300D340D_HD_Comparison_V1.02.pdf
    117.7 KB · Views: 136
Hi Carminiti

This looks like it is because the power is being allowed to cycle after the ram download phase. The recommended way to switch these on is to momentarily short PWRKEY and PWRKEY_RTN (normally ground) together for about a second then release the pushbutton or short. When downloading this short must be left in place until the operation is complete. On the Evaluation board there is switch called download which does just this. See the attached EVB schematic for more detail

Hi Chipseller,

Finally I was able to flash the SIM900D.
But I have a question about the firmware version. I flashed the version you provided me, but now when I issue the command ATI I get the SIM900 as the product, instead of SIM900D, and as the microphone configuration is not working as before I am not sure if I flashed the correct version.
Is there a different version for SIM900D or the version 1137B09SIM900M64_ST is the same for both SIM900 and SIM900D?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Carminitti

As far as I know The firmware revision is the same, even though the 900D has two audio channels. Try flashing the B08 version I posted and I will put your question to Simcom and hopefully have an answer back tomorrow

Well, I got it running finally. The culprit was voltage. It seems that the SIM900D is much more sensitive to voltage dips than is the SIM300D. I had been running the SIM300 on about 3.8VDC generated with LM317 (1.5A) with a 3300uf/6.3V cap and a 100nF cap near the power pins. But the SIM900D does not run on that arrangement. I had to increase the voltage to 4.5V and provide power from a 5A adapter to get it to run properly. Now I am working on the on-board power supply.

That figures If you look at the EVB schematics elsewhere in this thread you will see that the regulator is a MIC29302BT, which is a 3A adjustable regulator and the output is adjusted to 4.1V

Hi Carminitti

My apologies, I have been struggling with the Chinese response. However Here is the latest revision for the SIM900D

Attachments

• 1137B08SIM900D64_ST.rar
    6 MB · Views: 400
Hi Carminitti

My apologies, I have been struggling with the Chinese response. However Here is the latest revision for the SIM900D

Hi Chipseller,

Thank you very much for your help.
I flashed the version 08 with no problem, but unfortunately it didn´t fix the problem I am facing related to the SIM900D.
Let me explain a little bit about the problem. The idea in updating the SIM900D firmware was because there is an issue related with the use of the ATD command. When I use a SIM card from operator ”A” and operator “B” (for example) the ATD command works without any problem, but when I use a SIM card from operator “C” I am able to use the ATD command just for the first time, that is, when I try to issue the command “ATD + number; “ for the second time the SIM900D freezes and doesn´t answer anymore, I get just ERROR messages if I issue any other command.
When I updated the firmware using the version 09 you posted the problem I mentioned below disappeared, but as the firmware is for the SIM900, the second channel of the microphone doesn´t work and for me this is not ok, since I use the two channels.
It looks like that the problem was solved in version 09 of the SIM900, but not for the SIM900D yet.
Do you have any notice about this problem, or do you have any suggestion about how to solve that?
I tried to get help from SIMCOM, but I didn´t receive any answer about that.
Thank you.

Hi Carminitti

I will need to pass this over to Simcom as I have no direct answer. It may be Monday now befor I can respond further

Hi Carminitti

It appears that the Shanghai office are working all night! Here is the response from simcom:

"SIM900D B08 FW is the latest version, no newer one.
Could you please the problem happens with which SIM card? The SIM card is from which operator?
Can you show me the AT logs for my reference?
Meanwhile, I suggest you to ask customer to help to capture the debug logs so that we can know what has happened.
I have uploaded the SIM900 debug tool SpyTrace into our FTP server, please copy and forward it to customer"

I have attached the debug tool and its instructions, would you please provide the AT logs and the diagnostic log so that we can better understand your problem

Regarding how to do the operation with the debug tool, please refer to below and attached guide for detail:

First of all, open the debug tool “SpyTracer V2”, configure the “str” and “def” files in the tool, then remove all the previous traces and load the “enc” file according to spytracer.doc. Then start the tracing -> power on the module and do related operation through main serial port.

At last, you can stop the tracing and save the log. The log is a kind of “bin” file, just send the log files to us.

For more detail, please refer to attached user guide!

View attachment spytracer.doc

Attachments

• SIM900 SpyTracer_UGD_V1.00 .pdf
    303.2 KB · Views: 529
  • SIM900 debug tool.rar
    9.7 MB · Views: 792
Last edited:
Hi Chipseller,

I followed the instructions (spy tool connected on the debug port and the application controller on the main port) and I got the log file (I attached it in the message).
Also, I attached the .enc file with the traces I set for getting the log, so the SIMCOM people can see if it is ok the traces I used.

Just for reference I added below the code I used for getting the log file. The initialization and the code for calling a number.
The problem normally occurs when I try the third call, in this moment the SIM900D freezes and giving error if I try to send another command, that in the code I tried “AT”.
PS: If I just wait some time (5 minutes for example) the Modem freezes in the first time I try to make a call.

Another important information is that I used to work with the SIM340D with no problems (more than 2000 units shipped), that is, this problem never appear. But as the SIMCOM removed the SIM340D from the market I replaced with the SIM900D

Thank you

Code:
  // Software initialization
  SendCel ( "AT" );
  delay_ms ( 350 );
  SendCel ( "AT" );
  delay_ms ( 350 );
  SendCel ( "AT" );
  delay_ms ( 350 );  

delay_ms ( 250 );
  SendCel ( "AT+CMIC=0,15" );
  delay_ms ( 250 );
  SendCel ( "AT+CMIC=1,2" );
  delay_ms ( 250 );
  SendCel ( "AT+CLVL=80" );
  delay_ms ( 250 );

SendCel ( "AT+CREG=1" ); 
  delay_ms ( 5000 );
  SendCel ( "at+cband=”EGSM_DCS_MODE” " ); 

……………………………

// Making the call
    if( InitOK == 1 )
      {
        delay_ms( 7000 );

SendCel( "ATD94645252;" );
        delay_ms( 10600 );
        SendCel ( "ATH" );  
        delay_ms( 3300 );

SendCel ( "ATD94645252;" );
        delay_ms( 10600 );
        SendCel ( "ATH" );  
        delay_ms( 3300 );

SendCel ( "ATD94645252;" );
        delay_ms( 10600 );
        SendCel ( "ATH" );  
        delay_ms( 3300 );

while( 1 )
        {
          SendCel ( "AT" );
          delay_ms( 2000 );
        }
      }

Attachments

• logfile.rar
    43.6 KB · Views: 175

Hello to all,

I dont know my question is suitable to this post or not i found people here who are much more aware of sim900 module. I have recently bought a sim900b module version no is: 1137B03SIM900B32_ST and Product name got by ATI command is SIM9000 R11.0 . Now, as per the manual provided to me by my distributor, it does not have any AT command for ping and mms. I'm more concerned with ping here although. On googling a bit i found a document for SIM900 by SIMCOM itself mentioning some AT commands for PiNG like AT+CIPPING. But when i'm trying on my modem it's giving error. Even when i'm doing "AT+CIPPING?" it's response is error. That means it's not supported on SIM900B or i'm not following the proper wteps to execute this command. Can anyone of you tell me where i'm making mistake or if it is not available in my module how can I use ping in my modem??
This is what i'm folowing:

Code:
AT
OK
AT+CGATT?
+CGATT: 1

OK
AT+CSTT="AIRTELGPRS.COM"
OK
AT+CIICR
OK
AT+CIFSR
AT+CIPPING="www.google.com"
ERROR
AT+CIPPING?
ERROR

Hi Askonlyaks

You need the latest firmware build is all. See attached file. The uploader should be posted elsewhere on this thread. If not it is on my other computer and I will post it Monday if you need it

Attachments

• 1137B08SIM900B32_ST.rar
    6 MB · Views: 388

Thank you chipseller.. Now the challenge for me is to upload this firmware on to the modem.. The modem maker has not brought out the debug port. The only port available is serial port on the modem. And I think i cannot reprogram the firmware of my SIM900b using its serial port. Also, i have only one such modem with me. If by mistake i'll blow my modem then i'll be in big trouble.
However, i hvae one wavecom based modem as well. whcih does not have any sort of tcp/ip stack. If you have any idea about how to manipulate the firmware of wavecom modems. I can send the details to you. Meanwhile, i'll look into my SIM9000b modem to see if i can bring out debug port safely or not.

Also, I found the uploader in the threads.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.