Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

auCdl netlist parameter: nf

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhipeng

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Usually where do people find the documentations to understand those parameters in, say, a auCdl spice netlist?

Anyone know what "nf=" in a MOS instance in the netlist mean?
In Calibre LVS, I have a MD(pfet) of w=2u and nf=1 from layout, but a MD(pfet) of W=8u and nf=pfolds from the schematics (pfolds = 4); this make me guess that "nf=" somehow relates to "m="...

Because this kind of discrepancies w=2u nf=1 versus w=8u nf=4, LVS is not clean :(

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance

That kind of info is in the SPICE MOS-modeling docs. I have the docs for HSPICE but can't share due to copyright. I can tell you:

NF = number of fingers for fingered MOSFETS. i.e.:
Code:
M1 out in vdd vdd pmos w=10u l=1u nf=5
means M1 has a total drawn width of 10um with 5 fingers, each having a finger gate width of 2um.

'm=XXX' is the multiplicity factor. It means that 'M' identical transistors are in parallel. For example:
Code:
M2 out in vdd vdd pmos w=10u l=1u m=5
Means 5 identical transistors are in parallel for a total width of 50um.

w=2u nf=1 versus w=8u nf=4 are definitely not the same and you have some kind of mismatch that should be checked.
Code:
... w=2u nf=1
Means one transistor 2um wide with one finger.
Code:
... w=8u nf=4
Means one transistor 8um wide with 4 fingers 2um wide each.

I've never heard of pfolds and it's not in my spec.
Hope that helps!

Thank you!

Hmm, I will look into LVS more carefully...

Hi There,
I'm using Hspice for simulating a circuit in which there are pmos and nmos transistor with 500000um and 300000um width respectively. I have been trying to use multiplier(m) and fingure(nf) to shorten these transistors.Unfortunately I have got a problem with NF. And I don't know how I can solve it. I use 0.18um CMOS technology. Could you possibly help me?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best Wishes,
Ebi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back