Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test a written c code??

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzou_ua

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just completed a c code for a dsp controlled motor drive.
What I to do next to test this code before apply it onto hardware??
Any suggestions?

Simulation is the best option but if u want to check on line whether code is working or not use Debugger for that.
It will be helpful to check on line.

Regards
Chanchal

There is MIRSA C standart, created to avoid possible errors in C code, that consists of 126 rules.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MISRA_C

Some programmer's tools are making check for MISRA C complaince. For example "Development Assistant for C".

It is not so good idea to reformat your ready code, but in the future you can use it from the start to make your code more reliable.

Use a Debugger which is specific to ur IDE.. it helps a lot in debugging

I would say first start with unit test. First see if it working as you have expected. Check CUnit for this.

build a test case with proper stubs and run ur code accordingly.
--
Amr

Most probably build a simple hardware to test. Hardware tends to give unexpected weird behaviours. Such as switch where we cant simulate debouncing. Everything seems ok on simulation but harewire on hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back