Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calibre lvs warnings with unattached label

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatrebel

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I got a number of warnings when I run calibre for lvs check like below

Extraction Errors and Warnings for cell "top"
---------------------------------------------

WARNING: Unattached label:
Name "acc_out[0]" at location (938.5,595) on layer 137

WARNING: Unattached port "acc_out[0]" at location (938.5,595) in cell "top"

WARNING: Invalid PATHCHK request "! LABELED": no LABELED nets present, operation aborted.

WARNING: Invalid PATHCHK request "GROUND && ! POWER": no POWER nets present, operation aborted.

WARNING: Invalid PATHCHK request "! POWER && ! GROUND": no POWER nets present, operation aborted.

WARNING: Invalid PATHCHK request "POWER && ! GROUND": no POWER nets present, operation aborted.

I think the warnings for Invalid PATHCHK request, it is because I did not put label on ground and power, but I do not know how to do that, do I need to do in Virtuoso?

For unattached labels, I find in the rule file there are some statement like below.
TEXT LAYER 137 ATTACH 137 metal7
PORT LAYER TEXT 137

and in the mapping file, I have the following layer for text layer
M7 pin 137 0

I do not know why calibre can not recognize it.

Any help on it?

Thank in advanced

Hi Greatrebel,

Look likes you didn't put your label onto your top cell.
You can try it by adding following colume into your rule deck.
LAYOUT TEXT "acc_out[0]" 938.5 595 137 top_cell_name
or
LAYOUT TEXT "acc_out\[0\]" 938.5 595 137 top_cell_name

If still have warning, please let me know.

Hi amanyuny,

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried both LAYOUT TEXT "acc_out[0]" 938.5 595 137 top and LAYOUT TEXT "acc_out\[0\]" 938.5 595 137 top. But I still got those warnings. Do I need to do anything in the input netlist?

Hi Greatrebel,

I think the command is right, but I don't know why the calibre can recognize your top cell port "acc_out[0]".
Could you modify your port name from acc_out[0] to acc_out0 and run again to see if tool can't recognize brackets on top ? If the warning are still the same, then I can't help you go further.

Hi amanyuny,

It does not work. But after I removed the following statements in the rule file, those unattached port and label warning are gone.

PORT LAYER TEXT 137

I guess the tool may ignore those ports if the above statement are removed. But the following four warnings are still there.

Thank you very much

WARNING: Invalid PATHCHK request "! LABELED": no LABELED nets present, operation aborted.

WARNING: Invalid PATHCHK request "GROUND && ! POWER": no POWER nets present, operation aborted.

WARNING: Invalid PATHCHK request "! POWER && ! GROUND": no POWER nets present, operation aborted.

WARNING: Invalid PATHCHK request "POWER && ! GROUND": no POWER nets present, operation aborted.

Greatrebel said:
Hi amanyuny,

It does not work. But after I removed the following statements in the rule file, those unattached port and label warning are gone.

PORT LAYER TEXT 137

I guess the tool may ignore those ports if the above statement are removed. But the following four warnings are still there.

Thank you very much

you can not just ignore these lines in the rule file , they are necessary to define how can calibre read the port names .
what these lines do ?
define a text layer which is 137 to read from it general labels , and attach this layer to the metal1 layer
when a label is there in layer 137 , and there is under it a polygon present in metal1 , calibre attach this label to this polygon
same for port layer text statement .

when it says unattached labels
that means it doesn't find any polygons under the label , the label is just floatant

best regards

I also had the same warnings...i solved this problem by putting the pin label inside the pin boundry....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back