Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any experience with PSoC 5 (ARM Cortex-M3) and Creator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsanjose

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

recently Cypress announced availability of development boards for PSoC 5 and a Beta version of Creator to support the new chips. Features of PSoC have been very interesting with PSoC 1 already and PSoC 3 seems to have a long and somewhat difficult start. Now there is PSoC 5 with outstanding analog features programmable into a microcontroller setting with further programmability in the digital logic area. It would be very interesting if somebody has gathered real hands-on experience working with PSoC 3 or PSoC 5 and Creator.
btw. I am not interested in complaints that availability is not great, I know that. The only thing I am interested right now is feedback about usability of PSoC and Creator. There is a certain similarity between PSoC 5 and the Actel SmartFusion but PSoC offers unmatched analog features.

Thanks in advance for any constructive postings

Cheers, Bob
Curious what PSoC 5 is? Have a look here:
**broken link removed**
or about tools for PSoC
**broken link removed**

Using Psoc 5 (ARM Core Cortex M3) for the past month or so. Pretty brilliant device. The IDE had some bugs which have been ironed out. Documentation isn't great - but not impossible to figure things out if you set yourself to it. The forum on cypress.com is a great help.
Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.