Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for formula for differential patch antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglioe

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
differential antennas

hi

where i can find some formula for differential patch antennas

tanks.

Re: differential antennas

I haev the same problem, any one out there with any insight would be great. My issue is that we need to cut cost and get rid of a balun and our tx out put and rx input are differential. This is for the 2.4GHz band and trying to design a printed circuit board antenna!!! Help anyone??

any one know any typical types of printed circuit board differential antenna for antenna?? THis would be for use in the 2.4GHz realm. I have had problmes finding any information on this.

Would this just have two of the same type say if the positive side has a F antenna, then the negative side would also have a F antenna as well???

It's a little more difficult than that. 1+1 does not equal 2 here. The problem is that an antenna is designed to radiate, so there should be some weird field distribution around the antenna. But everythin close to the antenna has it's influence on the field. So the near field of a differential antenna can be somewhat different. Different near field means different input impedance. And that's what the matching is all about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back