Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MonteCarlo Design Input Parameter Variation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novaris

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm busy trying to find a easy way to vary parameters within my schematic during monte-carlo analysis by the use of veriloga-models. I tried to used the functions $random or $rdist_normal, but those seem not to vary throughout the different iterations, in a DC simulation I get a peak at a varying value but no standard deviation.

I read that $arandom or newer versions of rdist_normal support this feature, but my version of mmsim does neither accept more than 3 parameters for rdist_normal nor recognize $arandom as a function name.

If anybody could help me with this topic it would be great!

Best Regards,
Novaris

Cadence wants to sell you a Monte Carlo license, so don't rule out
malice....

In cdsSpice we used to use gauss() and track() functions.
Never peeled the lid off Spectre MC setup when I had the chance.

Well, I use the Monte-Carlo Interface but Spectre is only varying process and mismatch data within the models but no user-defined variables like a supply voltage or biasing current. You can select one parameter in the list but this ends up in a sweep, no gaussian variation.

It would be nice to have the possibility to add a block/source, which is changing its value during a monta-carlo run every iteration, but not during the simulation (DC, AC, TRAN) itself.

Added after 2 hours 54 minutes:

Finally i found a solution by writing my own scs file. thanks anyway for your time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.