Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

opamp selection in active RC filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

forvictory

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
I want to design an active RC filter, opamp (GBW larger than 100MHz with PM no less than 60 degree) need to drive large capacitor (as large as 10pf) and small resistor( minimum value is 3k ohm ) ,.
classical two stage opamp with miller compansation is OK ,however it consumes too much power. so is there any better solution ?
thank you.

If the power consumption is your main issue, I'd try a telescopic op-amp.
If the telescopic op-amp doesn't make it, I'd try a folded-cascode op-amp.

JoannesPaulus said:
If the power consumption is your main issue, I'd try a telescopic op-amp.
If the telescopic op-amp doesn't make it, I'd try a folded-cascode op-amp.

Iwant a constant GBW at all corner ,so can folded-cascode op-amp do it ?

Hi fgorvoctory,

which order and corner frequency do you require?
An extraordinary low power consumption can be achieved with filters in the log domain (weak inversion operation).

LvW said:
Hi fgorvoctory,

which order and corner frequency do you require?
An extraordinary low power consumption can be achieved with filters in the log domain (weak inversion operation).

what i want to dasign is a chebyshev 6th oder LPF. the schema of automatic frquency callibration require the opamp has a constant GBW ,which is about 120MHz .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back