Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems getting Cadence IC 5.1 to work in ubuntu 10.4 64-b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smerky

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

So I'm trying to get IC 5.1 and mmsim72.174 to work in a ubunt 10.4 server install.

Some details about the machine are:
Ubuntu Server 10.4 - with ubuntu-desktop package installed
Kernel - 2.6.32-22-server
Architecture - x86_64
CPUs - Dual Xeon E5520's - 64 bit - quad cores

I was given two tar balls from my boss that consisted of already compiled cadence software. One is the IC 5.1 directory and the other is the mmsim72_174 directory.

I set those up at "/opt/eda/cadence/"

Here is what is in my .bashrc that's relevant to the cadence software:
Code:
CDS_ROOT=/opt/eda/cadence/IC5141_6_141
CDS_INSTALL_PATH=$CDS_ROOT/tools/dfII
export CDS_LIC_FILE=$LIC_SERV:5280 # server name on local network:port
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$CDS_ROOT/tools/lib:$CDS_INSTALL_PATH/lib
export PATH=$PATH:$CDS_ROOT/tools/bin:$CDS_INSTALL_PATH/bin:$CDS_ROOT/tools/spectre/bin
export CDS_Netlisting_Mode=Analog

I am having a problem when I go to run a command like `icfb` That command produces the following output
Code:
/opt/eda/cadence/IC5141_6_141/tools/dfII/bin/icfb: line 17: /opt/eda/cadence/IC5141_6_141/tools/bin/cds_root: No such file or directory
Unable to find the Cadence software in your $PATH.
Please fix this and try again.

Here is the output of `echo $PATH`
Code:
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/opt/eda/cadence/IC5141_6_141/tools/bin:/opt/eda/cadence/IC5141_6_141/tools/dfII/bin:/opt/eda/cadence/IC5141_6_141/tools/spectre/bin:/opt/eda/cadence/IC5141_6_141/tools/bin:/opt/eda/cadence/IC5141_6_141/tools/dfII/bin:/opt/eda/cadence/IC5141_6_141/tools/spectre/bin

I'm a little confused as to what the problem is since it seems like to me all the necessary paths have been added. Could this be a problem that exists when trying to run it in a 64-bit OS? But if that were a problem it seems like it'd get past the point I'm at and have a different error message.

I really appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

Thanks,

Smerky

EDIT - Also, those precompiled binaries work on another ubuntu system we're running. But that system is running a 32-bit version of ubuntu 9.04.

Try to see the contents of the /opt/eda/cadence/IC5141_6_141/tools/dfII/bin/icfb at line 17, and the first line of the /opt/eda/cadence/IC5141_6_141/tools/bin/cds_root, It should be a script and the path to the shell or interpreter could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back