Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help need on a D64 file to a commodore64 game cartridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambo55

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any one help me how I can write D64 or change the format so I can write to any 27 EPROM for the Game Cartridge

That's long, long ago, but let's try to recall some things:
the D64 format is a disk image format usually used for emulators. There are tools (can't remember which) to extract the files from the image into their original format.
These are the files which you can see in the emulator by reading the disk directory (type LOAD"$",8, then LIST or something).
But just extracting these files is not sufficient to burn the program to an EPROM.

A classical ROM cartridge program is especially compiled to the starting address $A000, not to the beginning of the BASIC area ($0801) where most programs are located.
They are loaded to the absolute address by this command: LOAD"*",8,1. Therefore there's no SYSxyz BASIC command after loading when typing the LIST command.
Such cartridge programs are started by pressing the RESTORE key or a reset (hardware reset or SYS64738). The maximum length is 16kB.
If your game is longer than 16kB, which is normal for most games, and loads to the BASIC area, it's really difficult to burn it into a simple EPROM extension card.
But maybe there're special game cartdridges which can do that job....

OK, that really sounds a little bit complex, but:
Which program or game are you trying to burn to an expansion card?
How long is the program (in blocks or kB)?
Is it a simple EPROM card for 2764 or 27128 EPROMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back