Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FREE electromagnetic simulators, rather than commercial ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone suggest me a software to simulate an electric charge (coulomb) in cylinder or globe shape?
i want to see electric and magnetic fields of these structures.
Thanks an advanced.

can anyone suggest me a software to simulate an electric charge (coulomb) in cylinder or globe shape?
i want to see electric and magnetic fields of these structures.
Thanks an advanced.

Please go through the following link.
Physics Flash Animations
Will post more as and when they are available.

It is a good idea to share free simulators.
I have some mode-matching code by myself, which can solve rectangular waveguide problem, junctions and cascading. Maybe later I can share it. But now the code is not very user-friendly, so i have to revise the interface first.

Hi tyenergy,

I am studying the mode-matching method for multiple layers electromagnetic problems. Now I mainly refer to the following two papers:
1) Guo-Xin Fan, etc., 3-D Numerical Mode-Matching (NMM) Method for Resistivity Well-Logging Tools
2) Zheng Lou, Waveguide Filter Design with Finite Element Method and Mode Matching

The first one gives more detailed information on the mode-matching method but only focus on the Possion's equation. I wish it also works for the Helmholtz's equation, so the second one is a good reference.

However, I still can't have a good program to realize it (in fact, I haven't got all details in both papers), could you please share me your code for my study?

Thanks

Hi all!!!
Greetings from Brazil!!!
Eng.amq I has downloaded the source code but I cant compile it on my Ubuntu 10.10...
Can You help me please???

Thanks in advance and Best Regards,

Silva.

PY8ELO

Hi guys,

I want you to help mentioning whatever FREE electromagnetic simulation software you know. We want to step up to the free world even in our field, and it's really unfair that humans are far from reaching these technologies just because others want to make money and they don't have these huge piles of money to pay for licenses that will last for a year or so. Knowledge should be FREE for everyone in this world..

I'm an open-source software fan and would like to share my interest here to get some beneficial replies for me and the others as well.. so please guys help me in listing what you know about FREE magnetic, electrostatic, electromagnetic, heat flow, current flow, whether full wave 3D simulators or not.. even if codes executed in MATLAB or C/C++ or anything else. Help the ones who have brains but no money to do research and innovate this "money and business oriented" world. Let's encourage the volunteers who are working to make these things free for us, their efforts are really cherished..

The first and best one I know is emGine, you can download it from https://www.petr-lorenz.com/emgine/
It can be used to simulate 3D structures using FDTD method. The software is still very young and needs many stuff, yet, it works just nicely. Here are some screen shots:

Anybody knows anymore? especially in the field of Antenna design, planar structures design..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.
Am very bad operating computers, loading/operating new programs and am running Linux.

Is there an expert in any magnetic simulation program that can create a simulation of this concept, by showing the fields magnitude/direction in motion? :

-----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUcWn1x3Tss

If it is too much asking for someone to 'do my homework' (which is not; just curiosity), am sorry, thanks for your patience.:cry:

Hello people,
It is very nice to see so many freeware available.
Thanks for sharing!

I also want to contribute a bit.
Please find a software named EMANIM, a free software that lets you visualize EM wave propagation through free space and some dielectric, polarization effects and much more. Find it here, and use it to understand EM theory concepts in a better way:

**broken link removed**

Thanks and Regards

Ashish

I have found a new good free antenna tool, called QAntenna. It is dedicated to viewing and analyzing antennas and their radiation patterns. It provides the user with a 3D view of the models, capable of zooming, and rotating. You can find it here: http://qantenna.sourceforge.net/

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all!!!
Greetings from Brazil!!!
Eng.amq I has downloaded the source code but I cant compile it on my Ubuntu 10.10...
Can You help me please???

Thanks in advance and Best Regards,

Silva.

PY8ELO

Dear Silva,

Pardon me for the super duper late reply, I've not been coming here lately, but I'm hopefully back again.

Regarding your question, you can follow the link below, to teach you how to compile source-code packages, and install them on Ubuntu. It's easy, especially if you have all the dependency list available/installed in your system.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/25961/how-to-install-a-tar-gz-or-tar-bz2-file

If you still can't find it helpful, I found a very comprehensive and easy to follow Youtube video. It teaches various ways to install software in Ubuntu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toO-WbLppl0

All the best! (though I think you have installed it and even mastered it :oops:)

Here is the new version of **broken link removed**

AN-SOFv27 Antenna Modeling Software.jpg

In **broken link removed** there is a detailed user's guide.

Last edited:

are there any free Sensor Unit simulator (or even not free like Multisum for designing circuits) just i need it for designing a sensor unit not an electronic circuit where i can find the transceiver, microcontrolars and other equipment needed for the design ???

**broken link removed** is a new version of AN-SOF, which supports microstrip antennas and printed circuit boards (PCB).
ANSOFv3 - Release Brochure.jpg

I have installed it on my pc (win7)
but the application won't open
I just found this file --->> err_emGine.txt

sys.stdout = <__main__.Blackhole object at 0x025145F0>
Error: (<class 'vtk.__helper.LinkError'>, LinkError('DLL load failed: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.',), <traceback object at 0x038BCAA8>)

File "emGine.py", line 116, in <module>
File "emGineGUI\MainWindow.pyc", line 408, in <module>
File "emGineGUI\GeometryScene.pyc", line 180, in <module>
File "vtk\__init__.pyc", line 63, in <module>
File "vtk\__helper.pyc", line 32, in refine_import_err

what sould I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back